19

Soon enough throughout all your running, you found yourself at a hotel. You had just enough money in your pocket for a few days.

You walked in

You didn't want to... you really didn't want to.. but you checked in.

Three days. You had three days.

You already wanted to go back, but you couldn't... You couldn't go back after what you had said, what you had witnessed... You just couldn't.

The hotel room wasn't like Ryuzaki's at all. It was small, with one bed facing a small tv propped up on a dresser. It was clean, and cozy. It was enough..

You looked into the bathroom, which was also clean. A shower facing the wall with a toilet behind it and a sink beside. You looked at the mirror in front of you, seeing yourself for the first time since you had been in the headquarters. You looked awful... bags under your eyes, face entirely red and swollen. You were a mess.. but you also just needed a break from Ryuzaki.. from the Kira case.. from everything.. You could just treat these short three days as a small vacation. A small needed vacation..

You just decided to take a shower

It was short, but it felt so long.

Under the steam, this time you didn't smell that familiar sweet strawberry scent that you loved...
Getting out and getting dressed, you didn't open the door to be greeted by a flustered Ryuzaki who would give you a kiss.

It just opened to... an empty room

You sat on the bed, and turned the tv on. It was too silent to not keep it on.

The bed was cold, and it felt so empty without Ryuzaki.

Tears started streaming down your cheeks as you hugged your knees

This was torture... absolute torture... but you were doing it all to yourself

That sight of Misa wouldn't leave your mind

It scared you...

no... it terrified you..

You understood how serious this case was... but just having to see it was too much.. you didn't want to see what had to be done.

You had already gone through enough torture with your mother, you didn't want to see anybody else go through that same mental and painful agony... it was overwhelming.. You weren't strong enough.

You also thought about the look on Ryuzaki's face as you raised your voice at him for the first time..

You cried just a little bit harder...

Then

BOOM!

You immediately shrieked with fear

You didn't even notice it was raining...or thundering

You start crying even harder, this time terrified

Only this time, you didn't have Ryuzaki to hold you in his arms and tell you that it'll stop soon... you had yourself..

I'm stupid...

So, so...

Stupid....