59: Busy

Annnnd we're back! Hello! Medical issues, school, and theatre has definitely gotten me busy. But! That's what's summer is here for, I finally have some free time!

I've written this just now, listening to the song above on repeat. It's an hour past midnight.

Enjoy, my lovelies.

(1628 words)

~~~

Finally.

It was becoming a time where you could finally breathe without fear of your bandages loosening, of laughing so hard that you might reopen the scabbed wounds from that bullet.

But it was getting better. You were getting better.

Everything was finally..okay.

Or was it?

Now that you were healing and finally able to be independent, L was taking his own focus on work much more. Things were getting worse, Light's behavior was only getting more intense and Near was hard at work alongside L, of course.

He didn't talk about it much. He knew you didn't want to hear it, you couldn't possibly bare the amount of anxiety that would pile up on you if he told you.

Ah, and of course. More work meant less time with you. Perhaps it was wrong to be a little selfish. I mean, you do live together, after all, but still! One can't help but be a little clingy..

But now? What's happening now? In this very moment?

It was..dark.

No..It was night. Your eyes had only just opened as you had awoken from a rather peaceful slumber. But it was not morning and you felt unusually cold..

You sat up to flutter your eyes and wince as they adjusted to the darkened room, reaching out a hand only to find..nothing. L was not there beside you.

He was busy again..Maybe you had gotten too used to the extra attention since the..incident, you missed him even if he was still there. Sometimes one can never have enough attention. It's like a drug; an addiction.

Getting up, a slight pain came to you. It was the wound. Though mostly healed, you were still in the midst of a dreaded healing process that still took much time to recover from. But you were somewhat able to move independently, so that was a go.

Nonetheless, you managed to carefully make your way out of the room. You treaded lightly, keeping your hands out; one to hold unto something and the other to be there to shield you if you fall.

It was quiet for the most part, though the more you managed to make your way through the hall, the more you could hear the soft and subtle clicks of a mouse and taps of a keyboard. Ryuzaki typed so fast, it was almost unreal.