54: Wait..

(2330 words)
~~~

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

"Drop your weapons!"
One of the men™️ behind Near exclaimed, both of which were holding guns near the hooded man who was then holding a gun to the blonde woman at his side. A low, irritated growl escaped his lips at the sight.

"Everyone, please drop your guns. Having a shooting would achieve nothing."
Near bluntly replied, not seeming to care or even be intimidated once so ever. He was just like L when you first met, but just a little more emotionless.

"With all do respect, Mello is the one who killed our partners."
The other man with the raven hair protested

"Please don't make me say it again."
Near replied, still not even turning around to face Mello behind him.
"Remember that our primary objective is to still catch Kira. Killing Mello right now will do nothing to benefit our investigation."
How could he stay so calm in a situation like this? What in the world happened to this poor boy?

"..alright."
And somehow, this made the men™️  finally bring down their guns, which calmed you down a bit, but you didn't know what was even really happening

"It seems like things have be going just as you've planned, Near."
The hooded man finally spoke up. His voice was deep and raspy, it was foreign to you, though it seemed like you recognized it from somewhere.

However

However..

This was when he removed his hood, and revealed his face.

Your eyes blinked a few times

No..

"Ritsuko, he's dangerous, you need to go.."
L quietly begged in a whisper to your ear, but your eyes were stuck on the mysterious man with a scar on his face.

"Yes...I take it you've heard all about the second L by now.."
Near replied to the man
"I've pretty much figured out who Kira is and it's mostly thanks to everything you've done."