07 | put the fun in funeral

20TH OCTOBER

20TH OCTOBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
APHRODITE AND YUMI'S ROOM.

THE SILENCE WAS getting louder. And it wasn't just any silence--it was an awkward-slash-embarrassing silence and I don't know about you but Aphrodite wasn't fond of it. Entering a room to find two of your new (and extremely hot) so-called friends with one of them on their knees, looking up at the other person and the other one looking down and their locked eyes with a certain emotion isn't exactly how I'd want to make an impression.

It was time to break that silence, so Aphrodite did what she did best.

She talked.

"How many hours do we have left before the clock hits six?" She said in a sunshine voice. Lex gave her a look--shuffling between question and amusement--possibly wondering how the hell she managed to soothe the atmosphere in less than 60 seconds. He wasn't complaining.

Karan took a look at a silver watch wrapped around his wrist. "Exactly two hours from..." He paused for a few seconds, still staring at his watch. "Now!" His voice was loud and a little high, fuelled with excitement.

Aphrodite glimmered a smile as she clapped her hands and jumped. "That's perfect. Unless we have some extra preparations--let us go shopping!"

Man, this girl talks in exclamation all the time.

"Excuse me, what?" West questioned, his bushy eyebrows raised upwards. His brown eyes hollowed out as his glare penetrated through Aphrodite with confused and disappointed looks at the same time."You want us to go shopping? Right now?"

Aphrodite bobbed her head. "Well, we are a part of an elite badass secret society. We need a proper outfit. We can't wear girly short skirts--" she gestured towards Yumi "--or dull grey hoodies." She pointed at Karan's hoody. "No offense," she added.

Yumi nodded and Karan answered, "None taken."

"As convincing as that sounds, I should save money. My parents are working their asses off to pay for my fees. The least I could do is not spend them for unimportant purposes," Yumi said with a frown growing on her face.

"Oh, c'mon, Yums!" Aphrodite's smile began to disappear. "How about I pay for you this time and you could maybe...stitch me a new dress or give me a free checkup in future?"

"You wanna be a doc?" Karan looked over his shoulders, his eyes glimmering at Yumi.

"We share half the subjects. You didn't recognize me in class?" Her voice was straight like she expected her not-so-friend friend to not notice her. Maybe she was used to it. Maybe she was too tired to care.

"I'm bad with faces. And before you ask me; no, I don't have prosopagnosia," he said with a roll of eyes.

"I don't even know what that is." Aphrodite was dumbfounded.