50 | when you're in love

6TH DECEMBER

6TH DECEMBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
RESIDENTIAL QUARTER'S HALLWAY.

"GUYS!" Aphrodite said as she pulled both of her hands away from West and Karan's shoulder. "I was just a little weak. I didn't lose a limb or fracture my legs. I can walk without your support. I don't need your help to walk."

Karan opened his mouth to object but Lex intruded, "She's right. She doesn't need your help to walk when I can just carry her." Before Aphrodite could process what Lex had said, a set of strong arms swept her off of her feet. Her one arm flew to circle around Lex's neck as he easily carried her in his arms. Yumi and Karan laughed at this moment.

"You guys are impossible!" Aphrodite complained, ignoring the electricity of her skin being in contact with Lex's.

"But you love us anyway," West grinned.

Damn right, she did.

Things have been much better since she had her conversation with Yumi. Yumi was quick to forgive Aphrodite when she had been nothing but a liar towards Yumi. And well, West--he had stopped by too and tried to explain himself but like Yumi, Aphrodite didn't let him continue. She forgave him and asked for his forgiveness too. She even called Josh and told them that they had her full support as long as they weren't using each other to cope up with the grief and regret. Listening to advice, Josh and West had decided to give it a break--at least until Jessica was found.

Josh was the one to say that, of course.

Poor fella. Doesn't even know that the two people he liked are partially responsible for his pain.

"What show are we binging today?" Karan asked as they entered Aphrodite and Yumi's room. "Please, I hope it's not something romantic," He said when Lex dropped her down on her bed. "I am tired of the live show right in front of me." He eyed Lex and Aphrodite.

West opened his laptop while Yumi pulled a table in front of Aphrodite's bed. West surfed through Netflix while Lex, Yumi and Karan sat on the bed--ready to watch something interesting and fun before they continue studying for their semester exam from the next day.This was a much needed break.

Finally, they settled for the show You.

Everyone's eyes were on the screen as the scene played in front of their eyes.

"I can't believe Joe killed him," Yumi said as Joe Goldberg--the protagonist of the show--collected items to get away with the man he had just killed.

Morbid of them to choose that show and not being triggered by it.

"Well, people do crazy things when they're in love," West replied and popped a popcorn in his mouth. Aphrodite looked at him and pried her eyes back to the screen. The show continued to play but her thoughts drifted away. Her eyes furrowed and she pulled her phone out. She scrolled through her messages before opening a certain person's chat and texting them.