21 | didn't see that one coming

4TH NOVEMBER

4TH NOVEMBER.
ROSE-ST.CLAIRE VILLA:
APHRODITE'S ROOM.

THE PARTY WAS over. Aphrodite had stripped down her heavy ball gown and was wearing her white cupcake pajamas. She straightened her pillow and plopped on her soft bed. She played with the hem of her t-shirt, still thinking about Lex. They didn't get alone time again. She wasn't sure what to do next. Things were going to be awkward between them. It was her first time to be nervous after a kiss. Lex made her feel nervous. He gave her butterflies. What if things complicate between them? What if they give it a shot and it backfires? What if they end up like her past relationships?

She was snapped to reality when she heard footsteps coming towards her room. Karan knocked on the open door with West and Yumi lingering behind him. "Can we come in?" 

She nodded and the three of them rushed to her. Karan sat across from her, Yumi beside her and West sprang to sit cross legged in between. Each one had a wrapped gift in their hand. Karan grinned and handed her a dark box with a golden ribbon. Aphrodite chuckled and pulled it open to find a CD nuzzled between packing peanuts. She picked it up and looked at him.

"A CD?" 

"Not just any CD," Karan said. "It was the recordings of the game we played last weekend. It also has our banter recorded. I thought it would be nice to give you a piece of memory from the night where we all first bonded as friends." 

"It has everything we said that night?" She arched her eyebrow. "All jokes, banter and arguments?"

He smiled, giddy. "Everything."

Aphrodite threw her arms around him. "Karan, this was so thoughtful! Thank you." She kissed his cheek. He gave her a cheeky smile.

"Wait until you open mine," West said and handed a rectangular shaped thing wrapped with shiny golden wrapping paper. Aphrodite took it in her hands and ripped it open. She picked up the book in her hands and smelled the pages. It was Paper Towns by John Green. She scanned the pages to find annotations and markings on the pages. "I didn't know what to give you but I wanted to make sure it was thoughtful, like Karan's." West eyed Karan. "You had mentioned Margo when we went shopping so I decided to give you a copy and write all the things that I liked or have inside jokes with." 

"I've never read Paper Towns, only watched the movie and I love this." She hugged him too. 

Yumi was the last one to hand her the gift. It was the largest box amongst them. She pulled the carefully wrapped paper open to find a box. She opened and inside it was a white cloth with fake daisy on them. She pulled the cloth up to find a soft daisy dress against her fingers. 

"Oh, my God. You stitched it...for me?" Aphrodite embraced the dress. Yumi nodded, her lips curling upwards at Aphrodite's happiness. 

"Try it!" Yumi cheered.