23 | can you kiss me more

6TH NOVEMBER

6TH NOVEMBER.
MAINLAND TOWN:
UNKNOWN STREET.

"IT'S TAKING SO long!" Aphrodite complained. "Where's the bar?" Her legs bounced and Yumi held her breath when Aphrodite's leg brushed against Yumi. West, who had called shotgun, looked up from the screen of his phone. 

"That bar is almost on the outskirts of town. It will take a few more minutes." He turned his head Lex. "Take the next left. It's a shortcut, I think." Lex nodded and smoothly turned the steering wheel.

Karan extended his hand and pressed Yumi's shoulders behind. He hunched down to look at Aphrodite. "You said it wouldn't take long. I called Baz to meet me in an hour." He sighed in defeat and leaned back to pull his phone out.

"Wait, so you guys are finally going on a date. Why didn't you tell us?" West asked.

"I was but now I am texting him that I won't be able to make it." Before he could switch his phone on, Aphrodite bent to snatch the phone from his hands. "Hey! Give it back!" Karan bent to take his phone back but Aphrodite held it behind her back. 

"You're not texting him with that," she said with a smile. He pushed Yumi at the front and leaned to reach Aphrodite. Yumi was crushed between the two quarrelsome friends. She was pushed against Aphrodite's legs as Karan tried to take his phone back. Aphrodite squirmed and turned to the window so that Karan couldn't reach her. She switched the phone on while constantly ignoring Karan's warnings in both the languages he was fluent at. Yumi peeped to see Aphrodite open Baz's chat and text him Excited for tonight. 

Aphrodite smirked and threw it back to him. Aphrodite sat comfortably and so did Yumi since Karan wasn't crushing her anymore. Karan frantically went through his text and shot her a glare. "Arey yaar. You're crazy. Why would you do that?" 

He definitely wasn't happy with her antics. 

"Um, hello?" Aphrodite chuckled. "Did you mean thank you?" 

"No, no. I'm not thanking you. At all. He will think I'm being clingy. You're the worst, Aphy," he huffed. "Oh...oh my God. He is texting. Shit. Shit. Shit." Karan switched his phone off and pressed his phone between his hands. He rested his head back on the seat and closed his eyes. 

"Trust me, Karan. I've dated enough guys to know that when they like you, they want you to be clingy." 

"The thing is, you have dated straight guys," Karan commented. "And both Baz and I are nowhere close to that." 

"That is not true," She muttered.

Everyone except Lex turned their heads to her with widened eyes. "What?" Aphrodite shrugged and glanced out the window. "I fake dated a friend because he wasn't out yet and his parents wouldn't approve of him so, yeah. I know how gay minds work." 

"Woah," West marvelled and went back to staring at the busy road. 

Karan's phone buzzed. He fumbled as he opened Baz's text. He sighed in relief as a smile flustered on his face. "I, um. He said that he is excited too." His face coloured. "Thanks, Aphy."