14 | make them pee

27TH OCTOBER

27TH OCTOBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
THE LIBRARY.

"NO, BUT THAT is not scary at all." West rolled his eyes as he continued to spin the basketball on his one finger, his back leaning against the table. Karan groaned as he crossed off another scary idea from the list. He twisted the red pen between his index finger and thumb.

Yumi looked up from her phone screen. "Um, how about we hire a creepy clown?" Yumi suggested and continued to scroll down the internet for 'scary prank ideas."

"There will be tons of those at the Halloween party." Lex yawned. He lazily rested his elbow on the large library desk and placed his head on the palm of his hands.

"Lex is right," Aphrodite muttered, her eyes on West's showcase of talent. "Besides, clowns aren't even creepy. We are supposed to scare them off. It should make them pee." She fluttered her gaze back to the group.

"Pee?" Yumi knotted her eyebrows. "That's not mentioned anywhere."

"Everyone pisses when they're scared. Trust me and well." West glanced at Lex and winked. "Lex would know." Lex widened his eyes and glared at his childhood friend, questioning all the decisions he has ever made.

Aphrodite's interest piqued up. "Lex peed his pants?" She laughed. "When? What? Why?"

"None of y--" West intervened in Lex's attempt to avoid the story.

"Let me tell you. He was about--"

"Guys!" Karan yelled and threaded his fingers in his hair and huffed in frustration. "Halloween is this Wednesday and we have no clue what we're going to do!" Aphrodite, who was sitting beside him, put her hand on his shoulder to give him a light squeeze.

"Dude, you okay?" She asked. "You don't have to panic. We'll figure it out."

With his hands still in his head, he nodded.

West turned around to sit in the direction where he could face Karan. He opened his mouth when his eyes landed on a shelf behind him. West stood up on his feet and scrambled to the other side of the shelf to reach the aisles he had his eyes on. He rummaged through the books and picked a thick one with leather binding which looked around thousand of years old. He scanned through the pages and slapped the book on the table between Karan and Aphrodite. Lex and Yumi, who sat across the table, leaned in to take a better look of the book.

"This." He pointed at a black and white blurry image on a man nuzzling into a woman's neck. "This is what we are going to do."

Karan sighed and looked over his shoulders to shoot daggers at West who towered over him. "Sure," Karan mocked. "I don't remember seeing a human dressed as a Vampire at a Halloween party. Such a fresh idea."

"The way you reacted, it looked like you had actually thought of something great," Lex said to his best friend. "Clearly, you've disappointed me."

"Guys, hey!" West pleaded. "Listen to what I have to say." West snatched the notebook from Karan's hand and began drawing and explaining his idea for their Halloween prank.

"Soooo," West drawled every letter. "What do you think?"

"Hate to say this but--" Karan stared at the piece of paper with crooked lines and absurd shapes "--this might actually work."

"I know," Aphrodite said. "But there's a lot to do and work on. Let's get going!" She stuffed her half eaten apple back into her bag and stood up. Each one rushed back to their duties in executing this plan.

•••

"Are you sure they will be here? It's almost past nine p.m." Yumi doubted as they sprinted down the first floor of the Grand Quarters. "And why would they listen to us?"

Aphrodite nodded at her. "The drama kids are practicing for a big competition this year so they should be here all day. Plus, Josh's best friend is the president of this club. Maybe he could convince the others to help."

Aphrodite barged in the Orion Academy Auditorium. Every figure playing an act on the stage paused as Aphrodite dashed down the stairs. Her eyes fell on the boy with long platinum hair tied in a man bun. He recognised her and jumped from the stage.

"A-a-Aphy," he stuttered. "You...you...can't be here..re. You disturbed a...a very i-important scene-e."

She gave him the best of her puppy eyes. "I know, Issac. But I need your help. Can I talk to you in private?"

Issac looked over his shoulders and raised his five fingers. "T...take five." The students sighed with happiness and scrambled for a glass of water. Issac ushered her to one corner of the auditorium and folded his arms over his chest. "W...w...what is it?"

"Look, Josh told me that you're very busy with this special play but I really need a favor from you and your team." Aphrodite clasped her hand as she muttered in a pleading voice.

"T...that bas...bastard has the t-time to speak to y...you?" Issac said in annoyance. "He has been avoiding me ever since he started seeing that sophomore. What's her name? Uh...uh, Jeremiah...so...something."

"Would you help us?" She asked. "Pleaseeeee."

Yumi didn't know about Issac but if it were up to her, she would've helped her right away, especially after those puppy eyes.

"W...what do you need?"

Aphrodite began explaining her plan and what she wanted them to do.

header image by Emre.

just wanted to let you know that this is my first time writing a character that stutters. if you have any suggestions, do let me know!:)

[ don't forget to vote and comment]