11 | kill streak

26TH OCTOBER

26TH OCTOBER.
ORION ACADEMY:
APHRODITE AND YUMI'S DORM ROOM

HER MOTHER'S CALL never came. And Aphrodite didn't try to call her either. Maybe she was busy. Maybe she got caught up with work. Maybe she forgot. Aphrodite tried not to pay attention to the phone or go through her notifications because if she failed to perform well this semester, it would get her in a lot of trouble.

"Yumi?" She looked at the other side of her room where Yumi was sitting on her desk--her small back facing Aphrodite. Yumi was hunched over as she scrawled lines on the sketchbook.

"Mhmm?" She threw a pencil away and chose a yellow one from her pen holder. She scratched more lines on the page that Aphrodite was unable to see.

"Yumi, are you listening?"

"Hold on." She coloured a small circle. She lifted her sketchbook, analysed it and put it down again. She spun her chair around and quitted biting the end of her yellow pencil, a shameful look on her face. She kept it aside. "What is it?"

"It's seven-thirty. We should start getting ready," she said.

Yumi cocked her head back with a distasteful whine leaving from her throat. "Do I have to come?" She grimaced. "I'm working on this new design and I'm almost done."

Aphrodite leaped from her bed and walked to her. She rested her palms on the back of Yumi's chair and leaned in to take a peek at the sketchbook on her desk. Aphrodite gazed at the sketch of a light blue daisy dress. She looked at it with awe. She placed her hands on Yumi's shoulders and squeezed them. "It's...beautiful. Are you gonna stitch it?"

"I'm not sure," Yumi mumbled, taking in a sharp breath. "I'll have to save money to buy the garments and rent the equipment."

"I hope you are able to do that because I love it," she said. "But for now--" She spun her chair and held Yumi's soft hand as she pulled her out of the chair. "Get ready. We're gonna go have some fuuuun," she sing-songed the last word as she dragged Yumi into the bathroom.

"Here, take my face wash." Aphrodite held out a thin tube. Yumi took it from her hand and began to read the name while Aphrodite raised her hands to tie her blonde hair in a messy bun. "You and I both have dry skin. This works like magic," Aphrodite said as she leaned down to splash a handful of water on her face.

They both washed their faces and began to do their hair and make-up. Aphrodite was the one who chose to wear makeup and tie her hair in a high ponytail while Yumi applied moisturizer and tied her hair in a bun. Aphrodite walked out and changed into high waisted jeans and white full-sleeved crop top. Yumi didn't change her grey hoodie and black leggings.

Aphrodite and Yumi stepped out of their rooms and headed towards Lex and Karan's. Aphrodite could hear the boys talking when she knocked on the grey door. West opened the door for them. As soon as they stepped in, they were greeted by Karan being shot by their enemy.