06

I walk into the training room and see no one, I sit down on one of the chairs I see to wait for Haechan. After waiting for about 5 minutes Haechan walks in holding a blindfold "put this on" Haechan hold the blindfold out to me.

I take the blindfold and put it on just like Haechan instructed. "Now what?" I ask. Haechan pulls me over to the center of the room then let's me go "now it's time to decide who your teacher is going to be."

"3 of the boys are in here. You will be given a bow and arrows, the boys will instruct you what to do one at a time and you get to pick which teacher you want blind based on how they teach you."

"This sounds like a very bad idea" I say nervously. "You guys can start now, make sure you tell her when you switch, so she can decide." Haechan's voice slowly gets farther away like he's leaving the room.

"Put your hands in front of you" the first one instructs, I quickly put my hands out in front of me.

I feel something placed over my shoulders, then something dropped into what ever I'm now wearing, and a bow placed in my left hand.

"You have a quiver on your back containing your arrows and a bow in your left hand now. Turn to your body to your right and your head to your left." He stops and waits until I copy what his words said to do.

"Feel around the middle of your bow, you will feel something small that sticks out, that's what you will put the front of the arrows on. Feel around the string on the bow, there will be a cylinder that is very distinctively different from the feel of the string." I did as the guy said once again.

I heard foots step then a new voice "we switched out. grab one of the arrows from the quiver and slowly pull it out of the quiver." The voice waited for me to complete the task before moving on just like the last did.

"put the middle of the arrow against the middle of your bow, when you lower the arrow it should be on the arrow rest, once is it slid it backwards till it feels like it clicks."

It took me 2 attempt to put the arrow on the arrow rest because I put it down to low the first time. "We switched." A different voice says once again, but this time the voice sounds more familiar.

"Lift your right hand and place it at the top of the string, then move your hand down slowly until you feel the arrow under your hand." The familiar voice instructs and I repeat.

"Remove all your fingers except from your pointer, middle, and ring finger. Now lift you middle and ring finger. Slid your pointer finger down until it's touching the arrow, the put your ring, and middle finger down right under the arrow."

"Slowly lift your bow, with your fist facing up, I'll tell you when to stop." I lift the bow higher and higher until the voice says "stop."

"Make sure your left arm is extended all the way out and move your arm back a little bit."

"Is this good" I ask after I move my arm back. "Yes. pull your right hand back to your cheek, try to keep the bow as steady as possible, then take all your fingers off the string" I did as he said and let the string go, then I heard wows and clapping.

"Take off your blindfold" a voice said from behind me. I slipped the blindfold off my face and look at the target, the arrow rested on the inner blue circle.

"When ever I did that for the first time I didn't even hit the target" one of the boys stated, clearly impressed.

"Which teacher are you picking?" Haechan asked, re-entering the room. "3?"

"You can turn around, teacher 3 raise your hand." Haechan instructed.

I turned to see Jeno, Taeyong, and Jaemin. Jaemin was raising his hand high with an ear to ear smile on his face.

Jaemin put his hand down and said "It's an honor to be your teacher"

"What a coincidence that you two ended up together" Jeno then turns and leaves the training room.

"Today I'll show you the weapons and the ammo we have and what goes with what." Jaemin walks over to the target, presses his leg against it then pulls out the arrow and puts it back in my quiver.

Jaemin pulls me over to a wall hanging bows and quivers. "Put the bow here, and the quiver here" Jaemin said pointing to 2 empty spots. "Also training starts Monday"

"We have school on Monday though"
"We don't have school all day"

------

When I go back to my room I see a message from Gahyeon,

☆☆☆

Gahyeon-
Why aren't you at your house

Jiah-
I'm staying with a friend for a while

Gahyeon-
Why don't you just stay with me

Jiah-
I didn't want to bother you,
and he offered to let me stay

Gahyeon-
he?
read

☆☆☆

I put my phone face down on my bed beside me and let out a sigh of relief "That was too close"