Chapter 10

I stretch as my eyes open, right now I feel like I can take on the whole world. I guess this is what happens when you haven't slept in a while. I still can't believe I fell asleep. I'll have to tell Andrew about this, he won't believe it.

My stomach grumbles, I get off my bed and make it to the door before I truly realized it. My stomach grumbled, I think to myself, I am really hungry. A smile runs across my face just thinking about it.

Yesterday I used up a lot of energy whilst training, this could explain why I was sleepy and why I am hungry right now. If I really want to fall asleep on a daily basis, I probably should use my abilities more often.

I have noticed that teleporting and the energy blasts drain a lot of my energy, but they are also effective, unless you're the Boulder. The blasts didn't have much effect on him, they just annoyed him really. He kept running straight at me, I couldn't stop him.

I'm going to need to make a plan for him the next time we meet. If my blasts couldn't hurt him, I'm sure my punches aren't going to do any good either.

I am going back to school today, it's been a while. At least I'm not early, the last time I was early I didn't make it to school and I didn't go to school for 2 weeks. Maybe I should be early more often.

Maybe being late isn't such a bad, I think. I do believe that the guys who took me would've waited for me even if I was late. That just wasn't my day, I hope today is better.

I know that things won't be the same, I am not the same guy I was before. I lift my head a lot higher now, I've stopped trying to hide myself. My confidence levels are at an all time high, yet paranoia crowds my every thought.

I won't be pushed around like I used to. The downside is that I can't let them know that I have these abilities. I shouldn't give them any clues that I have nanobots in my system.

In any circumstance, I cannot use my abilities when they are watching. If the Controller finds out that I am alive, if he hasn't already. He'll come looking for me, this is one thing I am sure of.

These are the thoughts running through my mind as I take a bath and get dressed. It's been a while since I have eaten because of hunger, somehow the food tastes better when you're hungry.

I finish getting ready and I leave for school. I am going to walk to school again, but this time I am sure nothing is going to happen to me.

On the way to school, it is quiet and unusual because I have no-one to talk to. It feels weird just walking by myself, though I am a quiet individual who enjoys being alone, I did not like this.

I now see the place where it all happened, this would be perfect if Josh was right next to me. I was an outsider at school but I wasn't alone. Now it's just me.

"This is going to be a long day," I mumble.

When I left for school, I decided that I wouldn't ride my bike, get a lift from my mom or teleport. I just need to finish this walk, even though it will bring back memories.

Just as I am about to pass the bookshop, I remember the books we bought here. I don't even know where the books are now.

I remember how happy I was to see Josh holding a book. Maybe he wasn't even going to read it. Just the fact that he was holding was pretty stunning. The guy who never studies was going to read a book.

They must've thrown the books away after they took us. They never wanted them, it was us they were after. I enter the bookshop again.

I stand and look around, I buy the exact same books I had bought that day. I have taken an interest in fantasy too, and some of the books I have are pure fantasy.