Chapter 23 Part 1

"Andrew, Daniel and Annabelle, what are you doing here?"

"We would ask you the same question." Anna says.

"Well, I wanted to have some alone time with my pal over there," I say sarcastically  whilst pointing at the Controller.

"Stop playing around, why are you meeting with the Controller?" Anna asks again.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend. That's my reason, what's yours?" I say looking at the Controller with hateful eyes.

"We've had enough of living in fear, hiding and cowering in our building. The Controller promised us freedom, all we have to do is help him get his experiments back. I'm willing to do this, after that we'll be free," Andrew says whilst  darting around the building looking over the edges.

"Do you truly believe that he'll let you go after all this is over?"

"I don't trust him," Danny says, hardly opening his mouth.

"I need him to rescue my friend, he knows something that could be of use to me."

"Do you trust him?" Anna asks as the Controller turns and walks to our direction.

"Never in a million years."

"Enough with the reunion, they'll be time for that later." The door to the flight of stairs flies opens, standing there is the gasman.

"Bruce, lead them down. Help them with everything they need and give them their suits."

"Suits? What sui-"

Anna stops talking when she sees that the Controller has vanished into thin air. The wind blows across our faces like a slap as we walk to the door. They climb down a flight of stairs, Bruce finally opens a door on the side of the staircase. If we were blindly walking into a trap, we wouldn't know. We follow Bruce as he walks purpsefully down a hallway.

We enter a room that looks much like an interrogation room. We find the Controller there, three briefcases lay infront of him. The briefcases have each of our names written on them. We walk closer to the table with briefcase but don't open them.

"What are you waiting for, open the-"

"How do I look?" Andrew asks, already wearing the suit and his briefcase laying on the side with all his clothes. "Well, say something," he says whilst running around the room. Only a circle of black is visible as he runs around in circles. "Damn it, I look good," he says whilst touching the mesh of his costume.

Danny opens the briefcase with excitement in his face. I'm  sure I saw a smile that disappeared as soon as it appeared. He holds the suit close to his body, as if he is checking if it fits him.

"What happens when I shrink or go big?" he asks whilst looking at the Controller.

"Try it on and you'll see," he says with a grin across his face.

"Some of us actually need a room to change."

Anna picks up her costume and lifts it up with her index finger and thumb like some dirty sock that hasn't been washed in months.

"I am so not wearing this," Anna says whilst dropping the costume to the ground in disgust. She folds her arms and looks to the side.

"Just wear it for the mission," the Controller says running his hand through his hair. "After you free my expiriments, you can throw it away or do anything you like with it."

Anna shrugs, "Ok."

Anna enters a portal, after a few minutes she comes out wearing the costume. Andrew's mouth drops open as he looks at Anna in her costume. Anna closes Andrew's mouth by lifting his chin. "My face is up here," Anna says, she noticed that Andrew was looking at her body. "I'm not comfortable with wearing this, can I just wear my clothes?"