Chapter 11

"No way, it can't be the Controller, how could he know that I'm alive," I say, realizing I was talking to myself.

I am sure I didn't appear in any of the videos that were taken, and I am sure none of the 5 guys I fought clearly saw my face. The last thing I need is someone knowing what I can do.

"It must be something else," I say, trying to convince myself. My heart is beating a lot faster now, and the palm of my hands are sweating.

I look around to see if anyone is watching me but I find nothing. I start trying to get myself calm by taking slow and steady breaths. If the Controller were ever to find out about me, my mother wouldn't be safe.

I don't want my mother to suffer because of me, but I might just be jumping to conclusions. I should really stop pinning everything that happens to me on the Controller, but I can't help myself.

I can't help but look around as I walk to biology class, I don't even know what I'm looking for. I am hoping something will come up that will explain what was written on the note.

I get no such luck, I reach biology class and everybody is getting sitted. Miss Park is sitted waiting for us to settle down. She greets and starts teaching. What if it really is the Controller? What if I have put my mother in trouble?

Biology is going on but I can't hear a word the teacher is saying. I can see that her mouth is moving and I can hear the voice of my teacher, but it all sounds like something that is distant and slowly fading.

It is all clouded by my deep thoughts, I'm just stressing whilst I'm not even sure. Miss Park has noticed that I am not in this world today. She can see me sitting there looking outside the window and she can tell that something is wrong with me.

The bell rings, breaking my train of thoughts, I leave biology class. I would normally go to the cafeteria to grab something to eat but I don't feel like it.

I find an empty table to sit on, I don't take anything to eat in the cafeteria but I just sit down. I look around and I honestly do not know what I'm looking for.

I'm now alone, school is boring without Josh. I'm bored and have no-one to talk to, besides Sarah.

My school is divided, in the first tables you will find the football players and cheerleaders.

You'll find the nerds in the following desks, followed by the geeks. You'll find the normal kids who are really best described as normal.

The are goths goths in the next tables, not forgetting kids who are good at being bad and are responsible for the smuggling and selling of drugs in our school. Then you'll find me the outsider, sitting alone deep into thought. That's how school is for me, but I'm glad to be back.

Everybody is talking about what happened between Chase the football player and the quiet kid. They just keep looking at me, I can feel all those eyes on me.

I go to the toilets, no-one but me and a group of people standing from afar are in the corridors. I enter the toilets and the group follows me in.

Unaware, I open the tap and dip down to wash my face, when I get back up I see them in the mirror. My eyes shoot up and my heart starts racing. I turn aound to see Chase and his group.

"Oh, it's just you," I say, as I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"What do you mean it's just us, who were you expecting?"

"No-one you just startled me."

"We're here to settle the score," Chase says, driving his fist into his open hand.