Chapter 25 Part 1

Vulture hits the floor, he bounces back up and flaps his wings. He flies up, before dropping straight down at my head. I dodge the attack but I'm pulled down by the vulture's grip on my leg. The vulture pulls me down and throws me on the floor.

My back hits the concrete and my head spins as I close my eyes. My eyes open and glow blue, his entire body. The blue light appears on the black mesh of the costume. The costume outlines all my abs and muscles whilst holding me tight.

I start floating whilst still in the same position I was in when I was on the ground. I lie horizontally in midair as my eyes emit blue light like a torchlight. I turn to float upright with my body still straight, I'm now straight with the Raven.

My eyes stop emitting the blue light but still glow blue, my body stops glowing. Everything looks normal except for the glowing eyes and the look on my face.

Raven flies at me, attacking me with his razor-sharp claws. I dodge the attack effortlessly as Raven strikes faster. I smile viciously whilst dodging the strikes.

Vulture stops unwillingly in midair, he freezes with his hand outstretched, he was about to attack. His whole body has been frozen in midair but his eyes still move. Her eyes roam around in fear, looking for me but I am out of his vision.

Raven flies backwards at incredible speeds, he hits the wall with a thud. Deafening screams echo throughout the lab as he makes contact. is pulled forward and back into the wall again. The screams turn into soft sobs, I continually hit him against the wall. A portal opens in front of me, Anna appears, "Shaun!" Anna souls, "We're the good guys remember."

My eyes stop glowing and I look at Anna with a confused face, "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me."

"If I hadn't stopped you," Anna turns to look at Raven who is dropping to the floor, "you would've killed him."

I look down at my hands that are shaking, I look at Anna and back to my hands. The blue glow returns to my eyes, my face turns back to the twisted look it had. "If I wanted to kill him, I would have turned his neck the other way around."

I descend, levitating myself towards the Raven. Raven has his wings laying in an awkward angle, he lays on the floor his eyes fixed on the oncoming foe.

A portal opens sucking Raven in, I turn to look at Anna with fury filled eyes. My feet are close to the concrete floor, but I float right above it. I float towards Anna, Anna has teleported Raven right next to her. She moves forward and stands in between Raven and me.

"If you want him, you'll have to go past through me first," Anna says, she opens her arms and swallows.

I laugh at Anna's bravery, "I don't know if you're stupid or brave. Then again, it takes a little stupidity to be brave."

"This isn't you, you would never do this, please Shaun, stop." Anna still holds out her hands to the sides, determined to stop this madness going on. "Shaun, snap out of it."

The blue glow flickers on and off like a globe, I float backwards. The glow disappears from my eyes, I notice Anna eyeing me with concern. I look at Anna with eyes that beg her to help me before the glow returns. I float forward, then turn my back at Anna.

I fly at Danny, the giant Danny who is fighting the two beasts. The bigger beast sees me coming, the beast jumps forward preparing to attack.

The beast is sent flying back with a ball of energy engraved in his stomach. The moment the beast touches the ground, the ball explodes. The beast lays in the hole created in the concrete. Smoke ascends from the beast's body whose head is tilted to the side. I turn my attention to the other beast exchanging blows with Danny.

Danny lifts and throws the beast. The beasts land its feet whilst sliding back. He stops sliding and I appear right in front of him. The beast throws a fist at me, the punch is caught.

Screams of agony echo in the room as bones break. The sound of bones breaking cut through the air like a knife. Everyone in the room turns their attention towards us, I smirk whilst the beast cries, I let go of its hand having broken enough bones.

Blood splatters on the floor as my fist engraves itself in the beast's stomach. "Your skin just isn't hard enough," I whisper into the beast's ear. The whisper was however loud enough to be heard by Danny.

The beast is now down on all four in front of me. I use my index finger to point at the beast's head. A small ball of energy starts forming from my fingertip. The ball starts growing bigger and brighter, the beast eyes the ball with fear-filled eyes. I send the ball at the beast, the ball is sucked into a portal before it reaches the beast.

My elbow connects with the back of the beast's head, not minding the outside interference. The beast falls to the ground.

"Shaun!"

"Shaun!"

"Shauuunnnnn!"

I turn to look at Danny who is screaming his name. His look cuts straight through him, it leaves him frozen. The horror-filled in his eyes, he looks just like a killer, a killer fighting off his inner demon, Danny thinks.

Andrew dances around the two wolves, he touches the brown wolf. He sends an electrical current running through the wolf's body. The brown wolf collapses, and the transformation starts reversing. The wolf features start disappearing, the wolf looks a lot like a man now. The black wolf hits the wall, a scorch mark remains where the wolf was once standing.

Andrew turns to see me with my handheld up, smoke appears from my hand, indicating that he shot the wolf.

All of them are shocked, they have never seen me this way. I look like a vicious killer with no heart. The look in my eyes, cruel and brutal. I look around like a predator looking for its prey.

Fear fills their eyes, wondering if I am going to attack them now. With all the powers of superpowered people I have seen, I'm pretty much invincible. They doubt they would be able to take me down, even if they would all go at once. It is better to have me as a friend than an enemy. They are not sure what has come over me, but it is very scary. This isn't the sweet kid they are used to.

The kid would never kill a person, but he looked pretty determined to kill Raven. He was so guilty when he got the cop killed, even though it wasn't his fault, he felt responsible, Anna thinks.

I descend, my feet touch the ground. My knees fold like paper, the blue glow disappears from my eyes. Andrew catches me before I fall to the ground, I now lay asleep in Andrew's arms. Andrew slowly places me to the ground.

"Let's finish what we came here for," Bruce says.

"Something is wrong with Shaun," Anna says.

"We'll focus on that later," Danny says, "let us get out of here before more come."

They continue destroying the underground lab. Danny throws around everything in sight, stomping around like a baby learning to walk. Bruce melts everything in sight, leaving it all to meltdown. Andrew zooms around the lab, every place he passes is left as a wreck. Anna can't help to wonder what is happening with Shaun.

"Only the walls are left standing, let us leave," Bruce says.

Anna opens a portal, Danny picks up me from the ground and carries me to the portal.

"It's the Controller."

"What about him?" Andrew asks.

"He is doing this to your friend. I've seen it countless times before, but he's fighting it. He could've killed all of them, but he didn't. The Controller doesn't have complete control over him, maybe he can fight it, and then again, maybe not."