Chapter 19 Part 1

The tip-tap sound is the only sound made as we walked down a hallway. Not one word is said as I followed the Controller.

We both have a lot to talk about, but both remain silent. There's a reason the Controller had me brought here, and I have a feeling I'm about to find out exactly that.

The two men the Controller had with him are gone, leaving me alone with the Controller. They walk toward a door at the end of the hallway, the Controller then opens the door.

I light up a small ball of energy, I smile and then diminish the ball by closing my fist. I'm ready for anything.

The paint inside the room is like the colour of coffee with too much milk. The only thing inside the room is two chairs and a table, one on each side of the table. The Controller moves to the other side of the table with the chair facing the door.

"Take a seat," he says whilst pointing to the chair with it's back facing the door. I do so and I'm now facing the Controller. "You're probably wondering why I brought you here."

"I was very confused when I didn't wake up with restraints and a collar around my neck whilst locked inside the cell," I say whilst uncomfortably fiddling with the collar.

"Well," the Controller says whilst pinching the bridge of his nose, "I need your, help."

I chuckle in disbelief that the Controller would be asking me for help. I stop laughing when I look at the Controller and see the seriousness on his face.

"What made you think I would help you?" I ask with anger building whilst remembering all this man has done. This is the same man who kidnapped me and experimented on me against his will. Now, all of sudden, he wants to make some sort of alliance.

"I understand if you don't want anything to do with m-"

"You don't understand anything!" Shaun interject, "You took from me my life and my best friend, and now you expect me to just forget that."

A blue glow covers my body as my eyes light up. I look at the Controller with the pupils in my eyes all blue. The collar snaps in two as I stand up.

"I don't expect you to like me, neither do I want you to, but if you ever want to see your dear friend again, you're going to need to cooperate." The demanding tone in the Controller's voice is clear.

He truly is a control freak. Mad with power and misusing it, it's all just a game to him. It's all just fun to him, he doesn't realize that it's people's lives he is playing with.

Crushing every dream people once had, bending them to be ruthless killers. He changes people to be who they are not, and he sees nothing wrong with the act. He makes people his human puppets. I know, to save my friend, I have to make a deal with the devil himself.

I try calming myself down, I stand up and walk around the table. Anger building up inside, but I try my best to contain the anger. I cannot let it consume me, I'm not a monster.

"A lot of my experiments have been taken, and I'm not happy about it one bit. The organization that took them is ruthless and will do anything to get what they require," he says tapping his fingers on the table. "They would do anything for the love of science," he says this with a smile on his face.

I look deep into the eyes of the Controller who is still in my firm, "What do you want me to do?"

"Now, I enjoy having fun, but someone, someone has stolen my toys."

"Is that what we are to you? Toys?"

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," he gives me a strong glance. "My toys have been taken away from me, someone thought he could just take what's mine and get away with it." The Controller says in a whisper. His voice starts rising as he says, "He or she is out there and that person is playing with my toys, my toys."

"I will find them and I will kill them, and then I will take my toys back!" He shouts whilst slamming his fist on the table.

I look at the Controller in the realization that the man in front of me should be in an Asylum. He is the very definition of crazy, and right now I have no choice but to work with him.

If I want to see my best friend again, I have to. There's no guarantee the Controller won't turn on me, but it's a risk Shaun is willing to take.

"They are not your toys, they're people, and one of them is my best friend."

"I need you to help me, get them back. A temporary truce."

"I want you to know that I'm not doing this to help you but to help my friend. You sound like you have a plan."

"We'll discuss war plans later, but for now, tell me, how are you alive?"

"I don't know either, I woke up in the middle of the ocean," I say, "I had all these abilities."

"You have only one ability, you seem to have that mistake. You're like a mirror, a mirror sees you do something, and it'll do the same. Say for an example you see a person flip a motorcycle, you could do the same. You see someone use an ability and you can do it as well."

"Are you trying to say I can shapeshift?" I ask with a smile on my face.

"Given enough practise, you sure could."

"So what do I have to do," I ask, looking at the Controller expecting him to say more.

"Your nanobots are advanced, I couldn't even scramble them with the collar. I should have known that would happen, tell me. Did the switch work on you?" He asks.

"The switch blocks interrupt your nanobots, they work best together and it breaks that communication between them," he continues.

"This grants your nanobots useless because they work well together. One nanobot can't make you shapeshift but together they can. Tell me, did the switch work on you."

"Only for a while, after a few minutes I could feel my energy come back," I say.

"I need you to run some errands for me," the Controller says walking around the room.

"The organization has a bunch of research centres, three to be exact."

He looks at me, I am not very happy about what he is about to ask. "The organization is researching, and experimenting on nanotechnology."

"Nanobots," I say whilst in fear that I might be in for a lot of trouble if that ever worked. It's bad enough I got beaten by a guy who has no superpower whatsoever. Just imagining them having soldiers with nanobots makes my body run.

"I want you to destroy their research labs, I know it may be too much. At least destroy two, the biggest one first."

"How do you know the locations of these research facilities?" I ask whilst looking at the Controller who seems completely sane. He does, however, belong in an asylum, together with the person in charge of the organization.

"I have my sources, so are you going to do this for me?" He asks with a wide smile.

"I told you I'm not doing it for you, I'm-"

"I know," the Controller says stopping me from finishing "I'm just messing with you," he says whilst tapping my back.

Due to my workload, I couldn't finish this chapter before my normal day of posting. I decided to cut it in half, I'll post the second one before this week ends, I hope. I hate that I'm falling behind, sorry about this, hoping this is enough for now.