Epilogue

The Controller made it to the scene soon after it all ended. Most of the experiments wanted to rip his head off.

They gave him hateful looks whilst others were happy to see their master. It hit the Controller hard that Bruce was dead, maybe he does have a heart, but then again.

Some of the volunteers went back to leaving with the Controller. Many saw that it was a mistake to agree to the experiments in the first place. The Controller persuaded many to come with him.

A few people still decided to go back to their normal lives, they didn't want to give up on their lives.

"Come with us," Danny says.

He says this to the 5 remaining people, they were not volunteers, and they know their lives will never be the same again.

"We've got plenty of room in our abandoned building," Andrew says.

***

We walk past a couple of people talking to their loved ones through a glass window. Everyone came to see their loved ones before visiting hours were over. Josh and I on the other hand, we just wanted Mara to talk.

"She is still talking with another visitor, you're going to have to wait," the pale guard says.

"No problem," I say as I continue talking with Josh.

"I wonder who visited my mom," I say.

"Maybe she had friends."

"I'm sure they'd be afraid to see her of the heard what she's in for."

"You're right," Josh says, "you know, maybe your mother did love you."

"What gives you that idea?"

"Well, what reason does she have for admitting that she's the one who killed Mr Young?"

"I have no idea," I say, digesting what Josh has just said. "I just hope she rots in that cell."

"You don't mean that," Josh says looking at me.

I look at him with the most serious face I could make, "Trust me, I do."

"No matter the relationship you had with your parents, you'll always miss them when they're gone from your life."

"She's through," the guard says.

"You think it's TWF visiting?" I ask, as we walk.

"Who else could visit her besides that organization?"

"I think we're about to find out," I say.

We walk to place where Mara is sitting on the other side. A silver haired woman is getting up and leaving. I look at her closely as I blink a couple of times making sure my eyes where seeing right.

She is wearing the same outfit she had the last time I saw her. Nothing has changed with her appearance, I doubt anything else changed besides the fact that she is dead. Or atleast she should be.

She looks at us and stops, I point at Phoenix  whilst saying, "But I killed you."

She smiles at that and looks at me, "It's going to take a lot more than that."

Phoenix then falls to the ground, the guard drops down to pick her up. He checks her pulse and her chest then looks at both of us. "I need medical assistance here ASAP!" The guard shouts, sweat already dropping down his nose. His hands shake as he holds the limp body.

Several people come rushing to aid the guard, they all surround Phoenix. They try their best to implement whatever procedure they can to get her to wake up. "Step aside kids," a woman says.

The woman holds Phoenix's hand and checks her pulse, she then turns to look at the others with her eyebrows furrowed. "Why is she so cold?" She thinks aloud.

Phoenix's skin starts changing colour to match her hair. Another person starts using her index finger to touch Mara. "She is harder than rock," the woman says looking at the other helpers.

Phoenix's skin starts to crack, the cracks run up her face and arms. These are the only parts visible to us. She then breaks apart, her body starts turning into a gray dust, almost as if it is ash. The ash gets swept away by a wind that has an unknown origin because we're indoors. The ash disappears  into thin air. Josh and I turn to look at each other and then we look at Mara.

"What do you want," she asks wearing the handcuffs that were specially designed for her by the Controller.

The medical crew just look at each other quizzically, the guard still has his hands in a holding position as if holding a child. He stands up and looks at us, I shrug.

He points at me with recognition, "you're the superpowered freak." He turns to point as Josh, "You're the one who helped destroy Mac."

"You got wrong people," we say in unison as we pull up our hoodie's hats. We turn our attention back to Mara as Josh pulls an extra stool.

"Don't act like you're not happy to see me," I say revealing a fake smile that Josh sees right through.

"I couldn't be happier," she says with one of the best poker faces I have ever seen.

"What was Phoenix doing here?!" I ask looking at her straight in the eye, if my father would see the way I was talking to my mother he would surely be ashamed.

"She was here to tell me that your new friend has gone crazy."

"What new friend?" Josh asks, as if he knew the question was coming.

"The Controller," she says.

"Him being crazy is a new thing to you?" I say.

"He is going to kill the human race," she says with more seriousness in her tone.

"You seem worried," says Josh, "maybe you do have a heart under all that filth."

"What use is all this power, with nobody to rule over. What use is being a king when you have no one to rule over. Our goal is world domination, we can't have that with no-one in the world. Building our empire is what we shall do, no-one will stand in our way. Not even him."

"What makes you so sure that The Controller's plan is going to work?"

"Because I know the Controller very well," Mara says, "why are you here anyway?"

"Does a son need an excuse for visiting his mother?" I ask looking at Josh with a smile and I shrug my shoulders.

"Time is like a river, you can't touch the same place twice. You continue to waste my time?"

"Why us?" I look at my mother.

"You were strong enough, your father and I saw it as a good thing."

"My father agreed to this?"

"You'd say it was his plan," Mara says, "there's a lot you don't know about your father."

"Like what?"

"Times up," the guard said, "she already had her visit for the day.

Mara stands up as a guard waits for her, "Your father is not dead."

The guard pulls her away, "Just one more minute," I beg.

"Come back tomorrow kid," the cop says.

THE END!!!

Feedback? Comments? Critiques?

I'm open to everything, hoping you enjoyed the book as much as I did.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your support. I appreciate all the readers who took a moment of their precious time to read this book. You guys really helped me get through with this book, and I really appreciat that.

Love you guys.♡♥♡