Chapter 14

Who was that guy? Thanks to him the school is going to need a new gym teacher. I didn't even get the chance to thank him for saving me.

I stand up, my energy already restoring itself. I can feel the movement of the nanobots in my body gradually increase.

I look down at Mr Young's corpse, right next to him is a small paper. I tell myself that I'm not going to pick it up. I start to walk by him, preparing to teleport.

"Argh," I say, complaining about my lack of self control, as I turn around

I pick up the paper and read the words written on it, "I'm watching you." The paper read, I look to the door the man used.
Who could he have been.

Someone must have definitely heard the noise going on here. Soon there'll be a lot of people here, I need to be gone by then.

I don't waste any time and teleport home and land on top of my bed. I find myself stuck between going back to school or staying at home. I know that staying at home will raise suspicions, because I disappeared right after that happened. I can't risk being captured by The Controller only because I don't want to be a suspect.

I grab a blue t-shirt with a Skrillex logo on it's chest. I put it on and I grab a dufflebag and starts pushing most of my clothes in. I pack everything that I think might be important to me. The Controller already knows where I live, where I go to school, The Controller knows everything he needs to know about me.

Just the thought of it makes a chill run up my spine. I now feel like there is something bigger going on here, something bigger than the Controller himself. Who was the hooded guy, I bet he knows the Controller.

The fear in the gym teacher's eyes reminds me of the police I had killed. Another man was killed right infront of my eyes and again I couldn't stop it.

I was almost captured today, and I now see that I should stop focusing on going back to my normal life. My life has changed now, I can't keep thinking everything will go back to normal somehow. Things can never be the same again, I should just accept that and move on.

If only it was that easy. I'm part of something that is way bigger than me, I never asked for all of this. Why did they choose me? I thought having superpowers would be awesome, but living my life in fear doesn't sound good.

I now feel like someone is always watching him. Lurking in the shadows and closely watching my every move. I don't feel safe in my own home, and I don't enjoy feeling like this.

I can't explain how the guy who saved me got there, was he following me or was he following my gym teacher.

I have a lot of questions that I want answered, and going to school sure isn't going to answer those questions. What I should be working on, is getting more information on what is happening.

I finish packing the last of what I need and exit my room. I don't want to leave without leaving a message for my mother.

I grab a pen and paper and start writing. I walk over to the fridge to pin the note on it, when I touch the fridge I feel a surge of energy enter me, and I remove my hand.

I drop the note and place my hand on the fridge again, I can feel the energy from the fridge enter me. It feels so good as it enters, and I can feel the nanobots powering up inside of me, they jump for joy at this sudden intake.

The lights start flickering on and off as I continue to draw the energy in, I don't stop drawing in energy until everything goes off.

The lights stop flickering, the fridge, the microwave and every electrical appliance in the house turns off. I remove my hand and I feel invincible, I look at both of my hands and then clench them.

ImperiumOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara