Chapter 18

"Where am I?" I ask whilst my eyes start to open.

I am in what looks like an office, I can smell books. I look around, it is so dark that I can barely see the walls of this place. A light bulb manages to light up the middle of the room.

I can hear the sounds of keyboard keys being pressed. Someone is working on a computer here.

"He is waking up," a voice says somewhere in the room, I cannot see where this voice came from. Somewhere in the shadows of this room.

"You're in one of the Controller's facilities," another voice says "don't worry, you're safe," he continues.

I cannot feel any restraints on me, I am just laying on a table in the middle of the room. This reminds me of the day I woke up on a table like this, it was when I was kidnapped by the Controller.

This isn't any different from that day, except that right now I'm not restrained. I do however feel weak and my body feels a little a different.

I know I should be back to full strength, I grab my chest and I can feel that all my wounds have been healed, but why is it that I am still so weak.

"What did you do to me?"

"I took some of your blood with your nanobots to run some tests on why they work so well with you, but have failed with everybody else. I hope you don't mind," he says whilst looking straight into his computer, not making any eye contact.

"Sure now you think of asking before you mess around with my body."

"I apologize, but these aren't my orders," the man says whilst he looks at me and looks back down.

"Whose orders are those."

"The Controller's orders," the gasman says whilst moving into the light from the shadows.

I get up on my feet from the table, slowly pushing myself up. My energy feels like it was sucked out of me, "You've answered why I feel strange, now tell me why I'm so weak."

"The controller advised that I drain the energy out of your nanobots in case you wake up."

"Sure he did," I say whilst walking towards the gasman, "where is the Controller anyway, I'd like to meet him. What did you do to Tigris?"

"Tigris is still fast asleep, you woke up very early. I'm guessing you heal a lot faster than the most of us."

"Yeah, what's it to you?" I ask whilst balancing on a nearby table.

"Just asking. If you want to meet the Controller, you're going to have to wear this," the gasman says whilst pulling out one of the collars the men used on the Controller's men.

"Why, is he afraid of his own creation?" I say with a smirk on my face. I walk over to the man on the computer, I follow the wiring to a socket on the wall.

Hoping that they don't know that I can absorb energy, I bend down to touch it. The two men just look at me with a blank look, probably wondering what I am about to do.

I touch the socket and start absorbing the energy, the lights flicker on and off, and they both look at each other when this happens. Finally the lights all turn off and the computer turns off as well.

Having drained all the energy and making the room dark. I create a ball of energy that lights up the room, "Now, what if I refuse to wear the collar?"

Shocked at the burst of energy I have, the two men both stop to look at each other and look back at me. "Uhm, uhm," the man sitting on the table struggles to speak.