The ice trail begins? Searching for the steam Pokemon

Y/n and the rangers were patrolling the Alola region on the former's Rayquaza,  they were currently patrolling mount Lanakila on Ula Ula island.

Deciding to patrol the insides of mount Lanakila, they landed near the top before Y/n recalled Rayquaza. The rangers uniform can help them withstand the cold weather while Y/n had a jacket and a thin layer of aura around him to keep him warm.

While they were exploring , they found a pack of wild Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Sandslash.

Using the Rotom phone that was given to him by Palutena, Y/n looked the two Pokemon up.

"Sandshrew, Alola Form. The Mouse Pokemon. An Ice and Steel type. Their outer armor is like steel, which prevents them from rolling up into a ball."

"Sandslash, Alola Form. The Mouse Pokemon. An Ice and Steel Type.  A long, long time ago, it lived in the desert. With its sharp claws fully extended, it can climb right up an iceberg without slipping"

Seeing a Sandslash that's larger then the others, our heroes guessed it was a totem Pokemon. But when it saw them, it flared it's aura as it prepared to face them.

"It must think we're intruders , doesn't look like we're leaving without a fight." Y/n said as he pulled out a Pokeball .

"Victini battle time!"

"Flamethrower!"

Victini fired a stream of flames at Sandslash who dodged and used ice beam.

"Dodge and use flame charge!"

 Victini dodged before surrounding herself in flames before charging at the totem, the attack struck it's mark and sent the mouse Pokemon back.

One of the Sandshrew  tried to attack Victini with metal claw, but the victory Pokemon  dodged and striking flamethrower, knocking it out.

The totem struck back with ice ball, knocking Victini back, it tried to use ice ball again but Y/n and Victini didn't plan to let the attack build up. 

"Counter with flame charge!"

After surrounding herself with flames, Victini clashed with the totem. Few clashes later Victini finally knocked the mouse Pokemon back. 

"Fire blast!"

Victini fired a star shaped blast that struck it's mark causing an explosion,  when the dust died down, it revealed the totem was down and out.

Our heroes quickly rushed to the totem to heal it, the pack, while tense at first, relaxed when the trio helped the totem recover. Realizing the misunderstanding, after the totem was healed, the pack all apologized to the humans. While the trio understood the pack's reaction, the totem insisted Y/n take a ice type Z crystal, the Icium z for their troubles. Accepting the crystal, our heroes continued their patrol.

A few hours later

After finishing their patrol, Y/n got a call from his teacher. She wanted him and the rangers to help her to find a mythical Pokemon in the Kalos region. She also mention that an old friend of his will be joining them.

This caused Y/n to raise an eyebrow, old friend? He could only wonder who since he has a few.  

After reaching the Pokemon school, Palutena appeared in a flash of light. Beside her was Iseult and Igraine along with a Pokemon the trio have never seen before. Y/n pulled out his Pokedex to find out.

"Zeraora, the thunderclap Pokemon. An Electric Type. It electrifies its claws and tears its opponents apart with them. Even if they dodge its attack, they'll be electrocuted by the flying sparks."