Wedding Guest

Dropping in with a new imagine that I hope you will all enjoy!

Thank you for reading and have a good day, everyone!

<♥>

The months had gone by quickly. The days starting and ending in the blink of an eye. For the engaged couple, their magical day was finally upon them. For Sherlock, the day he had dreaded the most had arrived.

The planning had taken a while and Sherlock had been on his best behaviour, helping his friends out wherever he could, from folding napkins to organising the seating chart. He had drowned himself in his own work and that of theirs. All in an effort to keep the plaguing thoughts at bay. However, the inevitable always catches up, and Sherlock could no longer deny that his dearest friends, John and Mary, were about to get married and leave him behind.

His speech had been the most difficult and time-consuming aspect of the big day. No matter his own feelings of horror and sadness, he wanted his friends to be happy and to make them happy in every way he could.

The speech had been a challenge and had even forced Sherlock to call in the help of Greg Lestrade and, although he would never admit it, a thesaurus. He wanted his speech to be perfect. He even prepared speech cards for the occasion.

Sherlock watched the clock ticking away, his chest growing heavier with each beat. All morning, he had been putting off what he had to do, but with the hour of the wedding approaching, he could no longer sit still.

He forced himself off his chair and into his bedroom. For a moment, he gazed at the suit hanging from his closet. A deep sigh. "Into battle."

The afternoon passed in chaos. Flowers were late, guests were lost, the carpet was the wrong shade! Sherlock was sure his head would explode as he ran from room to room, person to person all in order to save his friends' big day.

And somehow, the man had pulled it off. Consulting detective wedding planner extraordinaire!

The ceremony was beautiful. Vows and I do's were exchanged between the couple and had most of the guests in tears. Even Sherlock was having a tough time keeping his composure.

When the now husband and wife finally got to share their first kiss in marriage, the crowd exploded in cheers and clapping. Beaming brilliant smiles, John and Mary turned to them and cheered along.

Soon, everyone found themselves at the reception venue and it was time for Sherlock's speech. It was moving and emotional with only the slight hiccup here and there, but no one could deny that the best man seemed ever so distracted during his talk.

This did not go by unnoticed even to the woman seated at one of the corner tables, who had kept her eyes on Sherlock's throughout his entire speech and who occasionally had the pleasure of capturing his gaze as he spoke.

She liked his voice. It was deep and soothing, yet there was an unmistakable sense of pain that was masked well to most, but that she picked up on right away. 

His appearance was striking too. (Y/N) couldn't deny that this man was handsome and unique. His distant composure yet warm look on his face. The mop of curls on his head that outlined his sharp features. The suit. 

(Y/N) had always been a sucker for a suit.

Even after his speech was over and dinner was served, (Y/N) could feel the best man's gaze on her more than once. In fact, he barely stopped looking at her at all. While, of course, this was unsettling to her, there was no sense of danger in her. In fact, she felt flattered she had managed to capture the attention of the notorious Sherlock Holmes she had heard so much about.