The Proposal Plan [2]

Here is the second part! 

It's quite a bit longer than the previous one, so that was my motivation behind dividing it into two parts. Seemed like the best solution for a really long oneshot. 

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy it :)

<♥>

The next morning, Sherlock was rudely awoken by the loud noise of the door slamming shut. He rubbed his eyes and sat up in the bed, yawning and stretching. As more noises reached his ear, he finally realised, in his groggy state, that you were home. He smiled softly as he stepped out of bed and put on his blue robe. 

You were silently making tea, keeping your gaze fixed on what you were doing, even when Sherlock appeared from the bedroom. 

He carefully made his way towards you, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his head on top of yours. Your body tensed up, denying to give into his touch. 

His lips gently pressed against your neck as he kissed all the places he knew could make you melt. The tiniest bit of a smile formed on your lips, but still, you refused to give in. 

His kisses created a trail going up to your ear. Once he reached it, he sucked on your earlobe. You couldn't stop the inevitable giggle from coming out of your mouth at the tingling sensation. ''Stop.'' You laughed. 

His chest vibrated against your back as he chuckled. His head was now resting on your shoulder and you could feel his warm breath against your skin. ''I didn't mean to upset you last night,'' he said softly. 

Your smile disappeared and you looked down at your hands. ''Well, you came across really insensitive.'' 

He hummed. ''That wasn't my intention, my love. I was merely saying what John and I had discussed earlier.'' 

You turned around in his grip, making him lift his head and look at you. ''Do you honestly not want to get married. I'm not talking about me, just in general.'' You fought to keep the emotion out of your voice, but the hurt was evident. 

Sherlock's eyes softened, his plan beginning to falter, but he was going to keep it up. Though, perhaps in a less extreme way. ''I don't know, love. Maybe someday. But right now, I just don't see the point.'' 

You nodded, lowering your head as tears threatened to spill. ''I get it.'' 

He smiled sadly, lifting your chin with his finger, so you would look at him. ''Hey, that doesn't mean I don't love you. Because I do. I love you more than anything.'' 

You giggled at that. ''I love you, too. Just- Just let me know when you're ready, okay? If you'll ever be,'' you said. ''If you change your mind, I want to know.'' 

''You'll be the first to know. And trust me, it will be hard to miss.'' His grip on you tightened as you wrapped your arms around his waist, leaning against him. ''I really do love you, you know,'' he muttered. 

''I love you, too, Sherlock.''

Over the course of the next few days, Sherlock kept hinting here and there how opposed he was to the idea of marriage. It wasn't as extreme as the first day, he kept it more gentle in order not to evoke another reaction that strong again. 

Despite those efforts, however, you were growing wearier each and every passing day. You had no idea this was all part of a bigger scheme brewing inside his brain. To you, this was reality and you believed his every word.