The New Kid

Requested by ben-is-a-nerdfighter 

I hope you all enjoy this [Teen!Lock x Reader] oneshot, I had lots of fun writing it. 

I know I have been absent for three weeks and I can't tell you how sorry I am. It's just that I'm dealing with personal issues and also a very busy school year. Nevertheless, I'll try to be more active. I won't always be able to update, but I'll try my hardest.

Thank you for sticking with me, it means the absolute world :D

<♥>

Sherlock dumped his bag on the floor and sat down on his bed with a huff. 

Seconds later, Mycroft came strolling in, looking just as fed up as his younger sibling. ''Listen, Sherlock. I don't want to receive any more calls from your superiors. You are to behave appropriately and follow all your classes. I want no snarky comments, no ignorant deductions and no getting into fights. Did I make myself clear?''  

The younger Holmes sibling rolled his eyes. ''Loud and clear,'' he grunted. 

''I expect good things from you this time around, brother mine. This is the third and final school I'm sending you to, so don't mess up.'' 

''And what if I do?'' Sherlock challenged tauntingly. 

Mycroft sighed. ''Brother mine, why can't you see the importance of this? This is your education, your preparation for the future. It's of utmost importance that you graduate and get into a well-respected University. How else will you follow in my footsteps?'' 

''For the last time, Mycroft, I am not nor will I ever be a dim-witted government official like you!'' He snapped. ''I plan on actually using my skills and intellect.'' 

''Fine, but you're still only fifteen and you're going to school whether you like it or not. Now to make your time here as sustainable as possible, I've arranged that you have a room all to yourself; no roommates, so no people to insult and degrade. Stick to our agreement, brother dear.'' And with those final words on the matter, Mycroft turned around and exited his brother's room, leaving the teenager all by himself in a completely new environment for the third time in a single year, hoping that this time, Sherlock wouldn't mess it up.

Sherlock sighed deeply and lay down on the bed that would be his for the next few months. He stared at the eggshell-coloured ceiling as he wandered through his mind. 

Tomorrow he'd have to face the first day at his new school. New teachers, new classes, new classmates... and new bullies. 

It didn't matter where he went or what he did, at every school Sherlock had ever been to, he had been bullied relentlessly. He had never made a friend nor had he ever been able to just walk through the halls of the school without getting something thrown at his head or having to hear insults and comments. 

He was the freak in every school, the outcast wherever he went. And though he tried to cope and ignore it, occasionally, it would all become too much for the aspiring detective and he'd lash out. 

He'd gotten into arguments with teachers, fistfights with fellow students and he had caused riots in the school hallways. No school wanted him and for understandable reasons. 

He just didn't fit in with all the others and he didn't want to. He was a genius and unique, and he enjoyed the fact that he could outsmart even the brightest of people. It was what he did best. Though others didn't seem to appreciate it.