The Proposal Plan

So, this oneshot is based on a FRIENDS episode I watched (for the thousandth time) recently. 

I really love that show and wanted to somehow incorporate it into my writing. And as I was watching this particular episode, I thought that it could totally fit in Sherlock's life. 

I will be continuing working on the requests as soon as I can. I just really love writing my own ideas and I need to make time for that, too.

I hope you all enjoy it and thank you so much for your support!

<♥>

Sherlock's intense eyes scanned the showcase in the shop. He studied each and every ring to the tiniest detail to make sure you got nothing but the best. So far, he had visited about twelve jewellery shops all over London. Though, he had gotten nowhere. 

There wasn't a single ring good enough to match your perfection. You were the most gorgeous creature Sherlock had ever laid eyes on and he wanted the ring to be the same. But whenever he'd think he found the one, he'd spot that single imperfection that instantly ruled it out. 

It was exactly the opposite of what happened when he'd look at you. He'd stare for hours, trying to find that tiny aspect of you that would prove you were like others, an ordinary human being with flaws. But no matter how hard he'd look or for how long, he couldn't ever find something wrong with you. Not on the inside, nor on the outside. 

You were simply magnificent in every way, and he was beyond grateful to have you in his life, to be your boyfriend.

He licked his dry, chapped lips subconsciously as he straightened his back. ''Not good enough,'' he stated. 

John sighed. ''Sherlock, this is the umpteenth shop we've been to. Just pick one already!'' 

''I can't just pick a ring for (Y/N)! It has to be perfect,'' he argued, gesturing wildly with his hands, nearly knocking an expensive vase off the counter. 

John agitatedly rubbed his forehead. ''Listen, it doesn't matter what the ring looks like. She is going to love it, no doubt in my mind. You should focus more on the proposal itself. Do you have a plan yet?'' 

A small smile formed on Sherlock's lips as he nodded. ''It took me a while to come up with it, but I've figured out the perfect way to completely surprise her.'' 

His friend laughed and patted his back. ''That's great, mate. I'm sure she'll say yes. Now, pick a ring.'' 

The detective turned back to the glass case and nipped at his bottom lip. ''No, they're all preposterous.'' 

John threw his hands in the air. ''Alright! One more shop. You get one more shop to pick a bloody ring or I swear to God, I will walk away.'' 

Sherlock quietly followed his blogger to the next and final destination. 

The pressure was on. 

He knew he had to find the perfect ring here or he'd never find it anywhere else. Without John, he was sure he'd mess up some way or another. 

The small bell above the door dinged as the duo walked in. Immediately, an old and greying man looked up and smiled widely. ''Good afternoon, gentlemen. What can I do for you?'' 

Sherlock cleared his throat. ''I'm looking for a ring to propose with.'' 

''Oh, an engagement! I love those. I've had four myself, you know.'' The old man winked and chuckled as he grabbed a wooden box from underneath the counter. ''These are the most beautiful ones I have,'' he said, ignoring the uncomfortable glances John and Sherlock shared. ''Take a look!''