The Mystery Kid

It's my 16th birthday!!

And for the occasion, I decided to take a quick break from the requests and write a Teenlock oneshot (something I rarely do).

But I have a question for you all.

Would you be interested and willing to participate in a writing competition if I host it?

<♥>

You pounded on the small door of your locker, trying to get the rusty, old thing to open but without success. You let out an aggravated groan and decided to proclaim defeat.

The first day at your new school in London and already things were going horribly wrong. At all the other schools you had been to, you were the outcast, the weird kid and no one ever talked to you, unless it was to taunt or hurt you. You were bullied so often and so harshly that every time, you were forced to change schools.

Having arrived at the third school in a year time, you were desperate to make a good first impression to get everyone to like you. However, as always, your plan didn't work out and you had embarrassed yourself in front of everyone in the hallway already.

You blushed slightly as you received weird looks from the kids around you. Tears welled up in your eyes. You had screwed up already. It would only be a matter of time before the bullying would begin. It was best to lay low for now. Anything to avoid bullies just waiting to taunt someone.

Sighing, you bent down to pick up your bag from the floor when a voice startled you.

''Need help with that?''

You shot up rather quickly, cheeks burning red. ''Wh-What? No? Yes?'' Your eyes met the source of the voice's blue/green ones and your blushing face went even redder. Your mouth was slightly agape as you took in the raven, curly hair tucked underneath a hoodie, a few hairs poking out and contrasting perfectly against his white as snow skin.

His mouth pulled into a small smirk, his angled cupid's bow framing his lips drastically. ''Hello? You in there?''

You rapidly shook your head, snapping out of your daze. ''Yes, sorry, what?''

''I asked if you needed help with that. Your locker, I mean. It looked like you were having trouble with it.''

''Oh, yes, thank you. I can't get it open.'' You managed to say without stuttering.

He nodded at you and smiled. ''These things seem like centuries old sometimes. The trick is in your technique,'' he explained. His long, slender fingers wrapped themselves around the handle and with one hard tug, the locker flew open, revealing the empty holding space.

You sighed in relief. ''Thank you. I wouldn't have survived today if I didn't have my locker. This bag is way too heavy for me to carry.''

''It's no problem,'' he assured.

You started unpacking your stuff and placed the unneeded books in your locker. Meanwhile, Sherlock remained in the same position, leaning against the wall as he observed your every move. You felt his eyes poke holes into you and a blush soon rose to your face.

Once you were done, you closed and locked your locker, picking up your now much lighter backpack. ''Thanks again..,'' you trailed off, unaware of his name.

''Sherlock. Sherlock Holmes.''

You nodded. ''Thank you for the help, Sherlock.'' You turned around and started to walk away, leaving the young boy by himself.