Unlike Others

Requested by Doctorwho-Missy

Sorry for the wait, dear. I hope I lived up to your expectations. 

Have a great day, everyone. Thank you for reading, voting and commenting. I can't believe you're all still here!

Song: Bad Girls by MKTO

<♥>

Late night, she on fire

Calling me from numbers I don't recognize

Wonderin' if there's somebody else in the room

She'd say that I'm crazy, nah baby it's you

Shows up, fill her cup

I know what she wants is to get my love

I wish we could be just like Johnny and June

She'd cut out my heart and let me in the room

''I need a case!'' Sherlock yelled, feet impatiently tapping against the floor as he sat in his leather chair. His jaw was clenched, his moves were frantic. All signs of his roommate's worst nightmare; Sherlock was bored. 

John entered the living room, rolling his eyes. ''You just solved one.'' 

''But that was yesterday, I need more. More, John, more!'' The detective raged. 

''Drama queen,'' the blogger muttered under his breath. He grabbed the newspaper and got comfortable in his seat, opting to ignore his friend this morning. Perhaps it would calm his anxious behaviour. He never really did well without a case, but even criminals took breaks and the poor detective had to learn to live with that. 

Sherlock opened his mouth, ready to fire back at John's comment when the phone rang. He jumped up and bolted towards the table, stumbling over his own feet. His roommate laughed, receiving a well-deserved glare as Sherlock answered the phone. ''Case?'' He asked promptly. 

''Good morning to you, too, Sherlock,'' Lestrade said. 

''Skip the formalities,'' the detective sneered. ''Do you have a case or not?''

''Of course, I do.'' The DI specified the address and within seconds, Sherlock and John were rushing out the door and into a cab.  

''I hope you're happy,'' John grunted. ''I was enjoying my morning tea.'' 

''Shut up, John. This is way better than tea.''

The duo soon arrived at the crime scene. Sherlock rushed out the cab and, as always, left his friend to pay the fee. Once John joined him, the detective was already hunched over the body, eyes flashing from one side to the other as he soaked up all details. 

His brain was like a sponge, eager to get as much information as he possibly could. Though, once it became unneeded, he'd toss it out without any complaints. A human machine is what he was, too clever for his own good.  

''Are there any witnesses?'' Sherlock asked, straightening up. 

''Yes, yes, a woman heard what happened,'' Greg said. 

''Where is she? I need to question her.'' 

''In her flat next door, follow me.'' 

The door was wide open and officer after officer walked in and out of your flat. You were in the middle of the living room, seated on your sofa. Your feet rested on the coffee table in front of you, your black, leather boots dripping mud on it. You didn't mind, you were too absorbed in the sketch you were drawing.