Stay Home

Requested by Wishii-wo 

The first MoriartyxReader of this book! It was lovely writing this and I hope you feel the same about reading it. Have a lovely day, everyone!

<♥>

''Please?'' 

''No.'' 

''Pretty please?'' 

''I said no, (Y/N).'' 

''Why not? It's just one night!'' You argued. 

''I have work to do, my queen. Another time, I promise.'' 

You huffed and crossed your arms over your chest, pouting like a young child. ''Like you're going to keep that promise,'' you muttered. 

''I'm warning you, (Y/N)! Don't play games with me!'' Jim threatened. 

You simply rolled your eyes and got up from the kitchen table, deciding moping on the sofa was far more comfortable. 

Jim sighed but didn't give it much thought as he grabbed his coat from the rack. ''I'll be back around midnight,'' he stated, grabbing his keys and handgun. 

''Fine,'' you said, not glancing at him. 

Jim looked at you questioningly. ''No 'Stay safe, Jim'? No kiss goodbye?'' He asked, staring at you intently. 

You turned on the telly and ignored him, pretending he had already gone. 

He groaned. ''Alright, fine! Don't talk to me, see if I care.'' He slammed the door shut as he left the flat you shared, anger and annoyance ruining his good mood.

As soon as the door closed, you turned around to see if he had really left, tears stinging your eyes. All you wanted was one night at home with Jim, just one. Nothing special or fancy. Just an evening in with some popcorn and crappy shows on the telly. That was all you asked but it was still too much for the consulting criminal. 

His work always seemed to come first and you? You were on the bottom of his priority list. You felt so unappreciated and unwanted. It wasn't a nice feeling at all. Of course, you understood his work was important. He was the most known and the best criminal out there and people needed him. But you needed him as well. He was your long-term boyfriend after all. Although, you were highly doubting the relationship would last longer if he kept taking you for granted. 

Mostly, you were alone in the huge flat Jim owned. It wasn't a bad flat, that wasn't the problem. It was incredibly luxurious but it was empty. You didn't want to be alone in there all day but that was usually the case. Jim was in high demand and he happily took as many cases as he could as long as they involved blood and grief. It didn't leave him much time to spend with you.

You were sick of it. You wanted to be in a relationship where you were loved and valued. A relationship with mutual trust and a need for companionship. You just wanted someone who loved you as much as you could love them. And at first, that was exactly what you had with Jim. 

At the start of the relationship, all his time was spent on you. He was completely devoted to you and nothing else. He took cases but only a few, leaving plenty of time to spare. The beginning of your relationship was wonderful but the happiness soon faded as Jim threw his whole heart and soul into his work again. You could handle it at the start, but now you were done.

You were going to give him one last chance to spend time with you or you'd be gone in the morning. Just one evening. Was that too much to ask?

You took your phone from your pocket and clicked on Jim's contact. Your fingers had a mind of their own as you harshly pressed the keys on your phone, typing a message.