Prom Night

Hi, guys! 

Dropping in with a short and simple oneshot I was able to write as a thank you for all your continued support despite my inactivity! Your kind words and support have always meant a lot to me.

This one is a fluffy and cute Teen!Lock imagine that I hope you will all enjoy. 

I wish you all a wonderfully happy day!

<♥>

Sherlock trudged his way through the school hallways, rolling his eyes at all the posters promoting the school's annual prom.

Prom night was the biggest night of the year and the one most looked forward to by all students. Sherlock didn't see the point of it. Loud music, bright lights, expensive dresses and tuxedos, crowds. To him, prom night was like any other night. Reading in his bedroom. Alone.

Glaring at the loudly chattering students in his way, Sherlock shoved past them and made his way to the back of the classroom, where he dumped his bag and sat down with a huff.

"Hey, Sherlock!" an excited voice approached. "Did you see all the prom posters?"

"I have eyes, John. Of course I saw them," he grumbled.

John dropped his bag and sat next to his friend. "Looks cool, right?"

"The idea of prom repulses me, John. You should know that."

"Well, I'm excited. I think this will be my year! I'm going to ask Mary to be my date."

Sherlock raised a brow at him. "Mary? The girl who hardly notices your existence?"

John scoffed. "She notices me! In fact, I have spoken to her several times. And I'm going to ask her to go to prom with me. Prom is the night for couples, Sherlock. It's the most romantic night of the year."

"If she agrees to go with you," Sherlock challenged.

His friend frowned. "I hadn't thought of that yet. But she'll say yes! I'll come up with a brilliant way to ask her and then she'll say yes and we'll dance together and kiss and –"

Sherlock couldn't help but chuckle. "Always the hopeless romantic, John."

"Make fun of me all you want but I know I'm not the only one with a crush," he smirked.

"I beg your pardon?"

"(Y/N)," John said simply. "You like her."

Sherlock scoffed. "You are as unobservant as ever, John. I do not like (Y/N). I do not like anyone for that matter. It's a waste of time."

"I saw you talking to her that one time," John pointed out. "You were all flustered."

"I was not flustered!" Several people turned to stare at them and Sherlock quickly lowered his voice. "I do not like her, John, and I will not be going to prom. End of conversation."

John shrugged. "Have it your way, mate. But if you don't ask (Y/N) to prom, someone else will."

The teacher called for silence and began his lesson. Sherlock shot John one last glare before turning to the teacher. Not that he paid any attention. His mind was elsewhere.

<>

Sherlock sat at a lunch table, playing with an apple that Mycroft had forced him to bring.

John soon walked up to him and sat down with an excited grin. "I'm going to do it!"

"Do what?" Sherlock asked with obvious disinterest.