Anniversary Gift

Requested by LifeInsideTheTardis

Hi, guys. Just a quick note before the oneshot starts. I am going to Italy tomorrow for two weeks. This will influence the updates but I will try to write as often as I can and hopefully, I have wifi there so I can publish content for you. I have received many requests the past few days and I promise I will get to them all. Please, be patient and wait for them. I am sorry for the long wait but it's out of my power to change that. I hope you understand and thank you for reading.

<♥>

''You ready, (Y/N)?'' Sherlock called as he tied his scarf around his neck.

''Almost!'' You shouted from the bathroom. You quickly fixed your hair in the mirror before hurrying back to Sherlock, who was waiting for you with your coat in his hands. You smiled at him and allowed him to help you put it on.

He held your waist for a moment and pressed a kiss on your cheek before dragging you outside and into a cab. After giving the driver the address, Sherlock sank back in his seat and waited impatiently. 

The crime scene was on the outskirts of London. The traffic was terribly slow like every other day in the crowded city and the detective grew more annoyed by the minute. 

When Lestrade called him earlier that morning, he was on the verge of refusing the case. It was your anniversary and he wanted to just spend the entire day in the flat with you, not caring about the outside world. He had planned a romantic dinner and prepared some films you liked, so the two of you could have a nice and quiet day in. It was his motivation to refuse the case but then, the DI said something interesting. It instantly caught Sherlock's attention and he couldn't help but feel intrigued. And as Lestrade told him more about what they had found already, he couldn't bring himself to say no. 

He had expected you to be upset, disappointed even but when he told you there was an interesting case, you simply smiled at him and agreed to go.

It was one of the things Sherlock enjoyed about you. You weren't afraid to get your hands dirty and you usually preferred to be running around London, chasing criminals and solving murders, than staying inside all day and watch telly. 

You and Sherlock were a perfect fit in that perspective. It was what had attracted him to you in the first place and also what gave him the courage to step out of his comfort zone and ask you out on a 'date'. 

It hadn't really been your definition of a date and you couldn't have been happier. 

It had been a thrilling night of trying to catch notorious serial killers who plagued the streets and brought fear into the homes of children and when the bastards were caught, it had led to Sherlock breaking his brother's rule. And ever since that night, sentiment was no longer an issue to the detective when it came to you. Never had he loved anyone like that before, he had always been too afraid. But when you came along, it all changed and he was incredibly grateful for that.

''So what aspect of this case is so intriguing that we had to postpone celebrating our anniversary?'' You joked. 

He smiled at you and pressed a kiss to your temple. ''You know we could stay home if you really want to,'' he mumbled against your skin. 

You smirked. ''Where's the fun in that? This will be like re-enacting the day we met. There's no better way to celebrate our anniversary than that!'' 

''I love you, you know that?'' He smiled, eyes piercing through yours. 

''I had a feeling you did.'' You grinned.