Blind Date

You are all so sweet and I couldn't just leave you guys hanging. So here you go! Another imagine, which I hope you'll enjoy.

I don't think this will be the last Sherlock imagine I'll ever write. I'm sure there are more to come, but not as much as I used to. My focus, as I explained in the chapter I published recently, is still on something else.

But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy doing this once in a while!

I love you all and I hope you enjoy this oneshot :)

<♥>

Rolling your eyes, you lifted yourself from your comfortable place on the sofa and answered the door. A hopeful Mary stood in the doorway, drawing a sigh from your lips. ''Whatever it is you're thinking of asking, the answer is no.'' You tried to shut the door, but your friend was quicker and marched her way inside. 

''At least hear me out first,'' she pleaded. 

''Mary,'' you sighed, ''I don't have time for this. I'm busy.'' You walked past her and went back to where you were previously sitting. You grabbed your nearly empty wine glass and gulped down the rest of the drink. 

''Busy doing what?'' She challenged. ''Sitting alone in your flat all day, feeling sorry for yourself? I could hardly call that busy.'' 

''Shut up, Mary,'' you grumbled. 

''No, I won't shut up. And for a good reason, too! Hear me out.'' 

''Fine,'' you sighed. 

''Thank you, (Y/N).'' She sat down next to you, taking the glass from your hands and setting it back on the coffee table that was littered with empty wine bottles, used tissues and crumbs. ''You really let yourself go, didn't you?'' 

You glared at her. ''So? I'm allowed to sulk after a break-up.'' 

''This isn't sulking! This is neglecting yourself and withering away in self-pity. You have never been like this. Why is that jerk still on your mind?'' 

You shrugged. ''I don't get it either.'' 

Mary sighed and shot you a pitiful look. ''You need to get back out there, (Y/N), and John and I have found the perfect way to do so.'' 

You raised your eyebrow at her. ''Don't you—'' You were cut off before you could voice your threat. 

''Now before you go all psycho on me, listen up,'' she said, ''John and I have this friend and ever since I met him, something has been lingering in my mind.'' 

''No,'' you interjected, sensing what she was going to suggest. ''I am not going on a date.'' 

''And why not?'' 

''I've sworn that off. I'm done with guys and relationships, I don't ever want to get into crap like that ever again.'' 

''But this guy is a perfect fit for you!'' Mary argued. ''You two are so alike, it's incredible. I'm sure you'll hit it off. Please, give it a shot. Go on a double date with us this Friday. It'd be good for you to get out of this messy flat of yours and into the world.'' 

''What's in it for me?'' 

''A wonderful, loving relationship.'' 

''Mary,'' you warned, glaring daggers at her. 

She rolled her eyes. ''At least meet the guy and have dinner with us. Please, I'll do anything!'' 

A smirk tugged at your lips. ''Anything?'' You enquired.