The Battle of Yorktown, 1781 (Part 3)

40th chapter! 😱

Inspired by a Little House on the Prairie episode again.

Trigger Warning: War, unsettling injuries

Applies to the entire chapter

Day 4. How'd we survive this long? Honestly.

I iMaGinE dEaTH so MucH it FEels moRe LiKe a MeMoRy

2,000 down, I've heard. Who? No clue. 

What side? Mostly British.

"C'mon, Amelia," I called out to my horse as I took her by the reigns. "Time to make redcoats redder with bloodstains."

I gave her one last carrot before I saddled up. I urged her forward and shouted commands at my soldiers—my soldiers that I hold responsibility for. Everyone at home is waiting for news of victory. Waiting for their loved ones to return. They're watching us - me - carefully. History is happening. The past and the future have their eyes on me. It feels like I'm being haunted. 

Not me trying to include all the songs I missed 🥴

"Let's go," Alexander muttered as he rode up beside me. He began discussing with his own group of soldiers.

~~~

Left. Right. Hold, hold, hold, hold, NOW.

Come ON. I know that we can win. We are literally the definition of greatness. 

And I'm never going to stop until I make them drop... or burn them up >:)

I hope that you burn, my dearest, redcoats.

We will force you back to where you are an ocean away. Not a moment away anymore, HA.

Stop spacing out, Y/N.

Ok, ok, how many people are a threat are around me right now?

Let's see. I can spot 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, -

A shot rang out. Nothing out of the normal, considering our current circumstances, but I noticed it. It was the only thing I heard.

Amelia cried out and shifted onto her back legs to where I was lifted into the sky. I held on tight, but she kept bucking her legs and jerking her head.

She had been shot.

"Amelia! Amelia, stop!" I pleaded to no avail.

With a jerk to the left, I lost my grip and was thrown off the horse. I slammed into the ground with a hard thud.

I could barely open my eyes before I saw two hooves coming right towards me. 

Time seemed to stop when the two objects collided into my ribs and stomach, forcing me back with a disgusting noise.

I tumbled down a few feet of downhill and landed at the base of a tree. I noticed immediately that I couldn't move much, and that I was going to be in a lot of pain once the adrenaline wore down. 

I shuffled around, trying to even sit up. I couldn't.

I heard voices coming closer. What would I do? I'd be an easy target once they see me helpless. I can't run away-

Play dead.

With the last second idea, I shut my eyes and laid limp on the ground. The pain was definitely getting worse - I most likely have a few broken ribs or so; I pray no bleeding - and I wanted to cry out. But they got here.

I hitched my breath.

"Here's the one that fell off the horse."

"Is he dead?"

If they knew I was a girl then they'd know who I was and would've promised my death.

"He looks dead. I don't see 'em breathing. I'll finish him just in case-"

"You idiot! Don't waste your ammunition. Let's just go."

A man laughed. "Alright, but let me do one last thing."

Don't breathe, don't breathe. Just a little longer.

I felt my hand being picked up and held above my head. All of a sudden, it was let go.

I let it fall and hit my face. Not even avoiding my face and letting it land to the side. It hurt my nose, but I think things would've been worse if they saw my hand still being in the air.

"He hit himself, HA!"

"Enough, c'mon, let's get back to work. I'm going to kill off everyone last one of those disgusting little-"

That was the last I heard before their voices faded off, along with everything else.

Hey *shyly waves*

Nothing to rant about so here we go-

Hamilton Question of the Day: Does Anthony Ramos look better with hair long or short?

My answer: He doesn't look bad in either but I prefer it long. Not that I like long hair and not short hair but I think he personally looks good in it. Especially because it's curly. If it was straight I don't think it would look as good.

Regular Question of the Day (USA version): Did y'all make a March Madness bracket?

I did but I didn't care to look at statistics so my first one I picked whichever team names sounded better and my second I just picked random ones.

Regular Question of the Day (Everyone else version): Where do you most want to travel to?

I know it sounds cliché, but I really want to go to Paris because I love French and everything about it, but I'm also a huge Miraculous Ladybug fan.

Have a good day/night, and spend your money wisely!