CHAPTER 2

LILY POV:

Finally!!!!!!!!!! Exams are over.....
I couldn't be more happier.

As I came down for breakfast, I saw both of them with worry on their faces. I frowned. I didn't like that. They are usually happy.
I sat before them and slowly ate my toast when Grandpa broke the silence.

"Sweety, you know we love you to death, right?"
I was speechless. Of course, I know. They are the best I could ever ask for.
"Grandpa, please don't talk like that. I could never ask for better. I love you both so much.", tears nearly welled up.

"Well we only want a good future for you. We have a proposition and we think it is for your best.", grandma pulled my attention.

"Well, what is it, granny?"
"We want you to marry Eric Grayson.", Grandpa finished.

I was stunned. I sat there comprehending what they were saying. Marriage?!! For me?!!
"I-", before I could proceed grandpa cut me off.

"He is the most suitable for you. They are your parents' best friends and they are so delighted to accept you as their daughter in law. Please don't deny cupcake. We are getting old and we want.."

I cut him off with a hug. I couldn't control my tears. They only want the best for me. And I couldn't deny their happiness.

"Grandpa, I know you only want good for me. And I'm not going to reject. I accept this proposal.", I said shyly.

They started grinning like a cheshire cat. Grandma engulfed me in a hug and kissed my forehead. She wiped some of stray tears and grandpa too was so happy. They showed me a brown envelope.

"This is the photo of Eric. Further details will be discussed over dinner tomorrow night. I will call Mrs. Grayson and tell her about your answer. We are so happy, flower. I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle.", grandma kissed me. 

The whole time I was blushing that I felt too hot and excused myself. I ran up to my room and patted my chest. My heart was beating so fast when I stared at the envelope. I sat on my bed and peeled the cover off. I took the photo and turned it.

My heart skipped a beat!

He was so handsome, the most gorgeous man I've met. He was in crisp white shirt which was tucked in a pair of washed jeans. His eyes were a forest green. He was not smiling but was not glaring either. 

I couldn't fathom my thought that this man was going to be my everything. He was going to be my husband. 

Grandpa told me that his company had great amount of shares and he was a major investor in our company. An important person in society. Also, his parents and my parents were so close. They basically grew up together. They were coming for dinner tomorrow saying they wanted to meet me in person. I blushed and kept the photo inside my drawer.

Suddenly my door burst open that had me dead for a second. Ryan stood there looking at me with sadness in his eyes. He was about to cry. I could sense it. 

I rushed to him and scooped him up, bringing us to the bed. He nuzzled into my neck, holding me tight. 

"Are you going to leave?", his voice was just above whisper.
"Baby, look at me. I am not going anywhere.", I said slowly as if to make him understand.

"You are lying. After getting married, you will leave this house. You will forget me.", he continued.
This broke my heart. Of course I wouldn't forget him. We had done so much together. 

"Sweetheart, I could never forget you...", he cut me off.
"You are the only friend. You know how much other kids bullied me. I love you, my best friend. Please don't leave me. I love you so much.", he teared up.

Tears welled up in my eyes seeing him like this.
"Ryan, I love you too and know this, no one can take your place as a best friend ever. You are my baby. No one comes before you, alright? Please don't cry.", I tried soothing him. 

Keyword TRIED!!!

"Are you sure you won't forget me.?"
"Of course, I will visit you frequently, we can build pillow castles together, steal cookies at night, eat icecream and you will get another new friend. Aren't you excited for that?"

He giggled and that set me on. I tickled his sides until he was rolling on the bed. He was begging for me to stop and my own laughs rang through my ears. I finally let him and he sat up, wiping his tears.

"Now, what did I tell you? Your handsomeness will get washed away with tears. Do you not want to be handsome?", I cooed at him. He shook his head and started drying off his cheeks.

I laughed and we went downstairs to meet with Catherine. She instantly crushed me into a hug and gushed about all the preparations. When Grandma told her that the Graysons are coming for dinner tomorrow, she squealed and completely lost it. And that lead to the poor condition of my closet. 

My room was a mess! 

She pulled out every dress I had and began rating it. She went to my vanity and took my makeup kit. 
"Lily, you don't have much. I will bring mine tomorrow afternoon. We will make you look stunning. Not that you aren't, mind you. Your husband will not be able to keep his hands to himself."

"Calm down, Catherine. It's tomorrow night.", I giggled and checked upon Ryan to see him dozed off on the bed. He was doing that a lot. But he looked cute. 

Soon Catherine left and said she will be back for Ryan before dinner. I let him sleep and went downstairs to see grandpa watching tv. I sat beside him and he smiled warmly. 

"I'm so happy for you, Lily. You will have a great time there.", he kissed my forehead. 

It was dinner time and Catherine took a sleeping Ryan back home. We had dinner and I went to sleep early since tomorrow was a big day for me. That's what my grandma said. 

I took the picture from the drawer and stared at it for a while. I felt like a teenager with a crush and blush. Well, I am 18 but still. 

I smiled and dozed off to sleep with a particular person in my mind.