CHAPTER 11

ERIC POV:

Damien sat on the couch as I kissed Lily's forehead. She looked sad about leaving and I was glad she wanted to be with me. I called Lucas to pick Lily up and drop her safely at home. I waved at her as she walked out. 

I sat in my chair, running my hands along my face. It has really been a long day with me feeling tired, shouting at Lily and now Damien introduces me to another headache.

"What is it, Damien?", I sighed. He threw an envelope on my desk and leaned back with a distress. I took it and peered inside to see a crumbled paper. I pulled the note out which read:

Just because she is married doesn't change the fact that she belongs to me.....

"What fucked up shit is this?", I snarled as I crumbled the paper further. I was beyond confused as there was no other detail other than the neat handwriting. It was written in black ink and in cursive. The envelope was just a simple brown cover. No name or no address.

"I don't know man. I found this at your doorstep when I went to your house", Damien rolled his eyes. 
"I strongly believe this is a prank since I saw a few teens run around in the building. And no one can enter the building without passing the security. Still I thought it would be best if I brought it to your notice"

"Thank god you saw this before Lily did", I huffed as I felt throbbing inside my head. 

"Anyways, I will catch you later", Damien said getting up, adjusting his sleeve. He was about to turn when I stopped him.

"Wait, Do you think they could have known about...", I asked.

He seemed a little confused but caught on what I was meaning. He shook his head, "No, big bro. I assure you they know nothing about our family"

I nodded and suddenly realized what he did to my room on the night of my wedding. My gaze turned hard as I glared at the idiot. He took a step back holding one of his hands up.

"Woah, there buddy. What got stuck up your ass, suddenly", he gave a nervous smile.

"You fucking morons. It was you and Austin who decorated my room on my wedding night, right?", I gritted my teeth. It was downright embarrassing. But thank god, Lily did not know what it was for. 

She pretty much thought that it was for welcoming her, I suppose.

On second thought, does she know anything about the activities, a married couple would indulge in? She really seems too innocent and thinking about that with her makes me feel as if I have sinned.

What would I do if she is so naive to not even know how babies are made? 

I am damn sure that she thinks babies are dropped through chimneys by those stupid storks!!! How can one even make that up. He/she must have no brain.....

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a slam. I looked up and Damien was already gone. I would deal with them later. I was beyond exhausted to even blink my eyes. I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water. It felt soothing against my hot skin. 

And just like that I started working.

It was six in the evening as I glanced up at the clock. No wonder I felt worn out. I just wanted to pass out on my bed. I wrapped up for the day and called my driver, Lucas to pick me up. I walked outside to see my PA working in his desk. 

"Mr. Peters, you can leave for the day. Please continue the work tomorrow", I sighed.

He looked a tad bit shocked and nodded his head vigorously. I have neither allowed my PA nor anyone for that matter without completing their work for the day. I would stay in my office till the last person leaves and then I would go home. 

A few days back I would go to an empty home. So it didn't matter to me if it was my office or my house. After Lily, I realized that people have their loved ones waiting for them to get home. Now I knew how dad would have felt coming home to his lovely wife, my mother. He would always make sure to have a good chat with us about our day. 

"Thank you, Mr. Grayson. I will make sure to finish my work. Have a good night, sir", he smiled.

"Good night to you too, Mr. Peters", I gave a lazy smile.

I went down and got in the car heading home. As the elevator doors opened to my living room, delicious aroma filled my nose. I walked inside to see my wife moving around the kitchen gracefully, preparing dinner. I leaned against the wall only to realize there was no wall to lean on. 

I fell down with a thud hitting my back hard on the floor. I groaned closing my eyes and I heard a squeak. I opened my eyes to see Lily standing in a defensive stance holding a pan above her head in one hand and a spatula in another. I would have really laughed if it was not for my current situation. 

She looked down at me and ran, placing the pan aside. She crouched down placing a hand behind my shoulders and another gripped my wrist. It hurt like a bitch when I got up and she sat me on the couch. 

"Eric, I thought it was a thief. What happened to you?", she massaged my shoulder blades and I evidently slumped against the cushion. It felt so good!!

She felt my forehead and took her hand back, hissing. 
"Eric, you are burning up. I think you are down with a fever", she muttered as she got up. I just wanted to hold her close but I can't due to this fucking fever. I groaned in frustration as I saw her walk back with a thermometer in her hand. 

She pushed it inside my mouth and waited for a minute. I took that time to check her out. She was wearing a crop top and black shorts, which was way too short for my eyes. Her long creamy legs was tempting me but I could only see. I had no energy to even lift my body. She also wore an apron and her hair in a messy bun.

She glanced at the temperature and muttered, "You are so hot, Eric"

"Thank you, baby. I know that", I smirked. She blinked her eyes and wrapped her hands around my torso, effectively pulling me up. She helped me into our room and made me lie on bed. She disappeared into the bathroom and came back with a wet cloth in her hand. She placed it on my head, brushing back few of my bangs. All the while my eyes never left her.

"Thank god I did not start on spaghetti. I was making soup before you came in. It will make you feel good", she got up to leave but I grabbed her wrists in my grip. I wanted her with me.

"Don't leave. Stay", I whispered in a weak voice.

"I'll be right back with your soup", she kissed my hair and left the room. I gazed at the ceiling feeling my body ache. The door opened and I saw Lily carrying a tray. She placed it beside me, sitting on the bed. She helped me sit up and I looked over at the tray to see a bowl of soup, a few tablets and a glass of water. 

"No complaining, you have to eat everything", she said as she held up a spoon of steaming soup after blowing on it. I looked into her eyes as my lips wrapped around the cutlery. She fed me the whole soup and then gave me the tablets. I took them lying on the bed again. She took the cloth from my forehead and placed after wetting it again. As much as I craved her body in my arms I didn't want to pass on my fever to her. 

So I shut my eyes and mouth trying to sleep. She sat on the armchair, reading a book. I stared at her cute, concentrated and scrunched up face until sleep took over me.