CHAPTER 5

LILY POV:

It has been a week and I was unable to take his handsome face off my mind. I went to purchase my wedding dress and other things with Clara and my grandma. We bought many things and we decided on flowers, cakes, catering, etc. This week has been pretty hectic for me.

It was Sunday and I was reading a book, seated on a swing. Wedding was fixed on upcoming Wednesday. So I only had 3 days left. Surprisingly, I was not nervous but a bit sad that I'd be leaving this home. 

There was a knock on my door and I gave a soft 'come in'. The door opened to reveal a happy Ryan. He giggled and ran towards me. I kept my book aside and caught him in my arms, kissing his face. 

"I am so happy for you, Lily. I am getting a new friend.", he was ecstatic. 

"Of course, Ryan. He is so sweet."

"But he makes you cry then I will make him cry.", he mumbled with a frown adoring his face. I cooed at his cuteness. "If you ever feel sad or lonely I will protect you forever.", he kissed my cheek and smiled adorably. I nodded with a salute.

"YES Sir!! Come on now, shall we play monopoly?", I asked.

"Yes, we shall! we shall!!!", he jumped up in excitement.

********************************************************

THIRD PERSON's POV:

The church was beautifully decorated. Guests were filing in and were seated. The wedding was in the morning and the priest was getting all set.

Meanwhile, Lily was almost ready with Melissa struggling with her water works. She hugged Lily and kept muttering things. Lily was nervous a little bit. She wondered whether Eric would like her dress, her hair.....

"Granny, come on. Please don't cry. I hate it and you know that.", Lily pouted.

"Sweetheart, I can't believe you are all grown up and soon you are going to move out from our home.", Melissa kissed her forehead.

"It's only an hour drive. I'll come and visit often. You need not worry about anything.", Lily tried her best to convince her gran.

"Honey, it's ti- ", Her grandpa - William - stopped mid sentence. He gave a once over and a warm smile tugged at his lips. "You look beautiful, cupcake. Just like your mother." He came forward to hug her.

Lily loved his hugs. It was like a giant teddy hugging you with it's warmth. She smiled sadly at the thought of her mother.

"I wish she was here with me, grandpa. On this important day of my life.", she mumbled into his chest.

"I'm sure that she is watching you and she is really proud of how her little girl grew up to the person she is today. I love you, cupcake.", William kissed her hair. "Alright, let's go before the groom goes insane without his bride."

They chuckled together and Lily curled her arm around her grandpa's. 

On the other hand Eric was standing at the altar appearing calm and he was anything but that. His heart was beating fast. If someone told a few weeks back that he would be standing at the altar he would have laughed. But today that was the truth.

He never thought of getting married but at least his bride was beautiful and not a brat. He was quite surprised when he realized that Lily was neither a bitch nor any gold digger. She was pleasant, shy and very quiet, kind and loving. A perfect wife material.

"Nervous are we?", Austin whispered in his ear and he swore under his breath. "Don't worry, she won't leave you hanging too long." 

"Where the fuck is Damien?", Eric did not see his other beast man. He was mildly surprised that Austin and his brother mutually agreed to the fact that 2 can be the groom's best man. 

"I'll bring him. I think he is out there smoking.", Austin left to bring Damien. Eric was left to deal with his nerves on his own.

Just when Damien came to stood by his side, the song started playing. The doors opened to reveal the two walking side by side. Eric's eyes widened and his breath turned into pants. Lily looked stunning in her wedding dress. Her veil covered her beautiful face partly. But he could see her curves peeking out, as if tempting him, calling out to him. She had her head down and her hand wrapped around William.

He felt a nudge and snapped out to see his bride has reached him. He stretched his hand and William gave Lily's into his. Electricity shot throughout his body when his hand touched hers. He gave a smile and pulled her beside him. She blushed and bit her lip. Clearly, she felt it too. 

The priest started but Eric tuned him out. His mind was swirling around the beautiful girl standing beside him. He couldn't fathom how can such innocence be found in this world. 

He once again felt a nudge and he looked down to see Lily worried. He blinked and the priest rolled his eyes. He repeated, "Do you, Eric Theo Grayson, take Lily Savannah Winters to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death does you part?"

"I do", he gulped giving an apologetic smile. He slid the ring into her ring finger. She smiled and visibly relaxed.

He repeated the same to her, "Do you, Lily Savannah Winters, take Eric Theo Grayson to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death does you part?"

She looked right into his eyes and muttered a 'I do'. She wanted to let him know that she would be his for the rest of her life. She would love him with her whole heart and never doubt him. she would trust him and comfort him at times of worry. She smiled with innocence and love as she slid the ring into his finger. 

"With the power invested in me by God, I pronounce husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.", the priest finished. Eric was waiting for this part but unfortunately he felt a tugging at heart. For some reason, he knew this was her first kiss. He looked at her and saw her shifting nervously. 

She was shaking from the inside. This was it; her first kiss. She blushed at the thought but she was not sure whether she was ready yet. She gulped when Eric lowered his head towards her. She shut her eyes close and awaited but it never came. She did not dare open her eyes. 

Then she felt it. At the corner of her lips. She snapped her eyes open and saw his breathtaking smile. A part of her was disappointed that he didn't kiss yet another part of her was thankful. Before she could get lost in her own turmoil Eric pulled her hand stepping off the altar.

Eric knew how hard it was to control his primal urge to ravish her. But he knew her every firsts must be special. He wanted to give her that. So he settled on kissing her milky soft skin. Even her skin tempted him.

The reception was pretty awesome. Relatives and business acquaintances wished them a happy married life. Eric kept his hand around her waist throughout the night. Lily rather than feeling uncomfortable, liked his warmth seeping through. 

Eric stiffened when he heard a vile voice speak beside his wife.

"Well! well! well! If it isn't the heartthrob of the year......."