CHAPTER 13

LILY POV:

We were shopping for nearly two and half hours. I was exhausted but Catherine kept pulling us into the stores. I bought only necessary things while Clara and Catherine had a handful of bags, their eyes sparkling. I was looking at some sandals when I felt someone watching. 

I turned my head around the store looking for some stranger but saw no one. I shrugged it off when Catherine handed me a bag.
"You are taking this to Bora Bora and you must not open this until you reach there. Am I clear?", she smirked.

I fake saluted her and took the bag when I felt eyes on me again. I desperately searched the store, feeling a little uncomfortable. I walked a few aisles and my eyes caught on the black car standing a few feet behind our car. I squinted my eyes and recognized it was the same one I saw the other day. 

"LILY", Clara yelled and I turned to see her walking towards me. I gave a smile turning to see the car but it was gone. Again!

"What are you doing here, honey. Come, let's go home", Clara pulled me and I budged as I just wanted to get home to Eric. We stopped at McDonalds and got ourselves lunch. Then we drove home with me pushing that black car to the back of my mind. Of course, many people can have the same car. 

It was half past twelve and everybody left. I started packing as Eric informed me that we would leave today. It was an eight hour flight and the thought scared as well as excited me. I have never been on a flight and the thought of spending eight hours in a cramped plane worried me.

I heard the bedroom door open and glanced behind to see Eric entering. Instantly a smile lit my face and my phone rang at the same time. I looked over the screen to see that Ryan was calling me. I pushed the button and sat on the bed.
"Hi, baby! How are you?"

"I'm fine. I heard you were going on vacation. I'm sorry I couldn't see you today", he sighed.

"It's totally fine, Ryan. Anyway take care and I love you, baby", I cut the call after he blew me a kiss.
I laughed and kept the phone aside, looking up to see Eric glaring at me.

I raised my brows in confusion, walking towards him. He clenched his jaw and swiftly walked into the bathroom, slamming the door. I was seriously upset thinking about his behavior. Not a day back, he did this same thing at his office.

I looked at the 2 suitcases and smiled at my work. I planned on taking a shower after Eric comes out. I heard the door open when he came out in nothing but a towel around his waist. I gasped and shut my eyes turning around.

"Don't you act so innocent when you are having an affair even after marriage", he spat and I could make up the hatred in his voice. I turned around to see him disappearing into a closet. He came out a minute later in a casual t-shirt and jeans.

"Who the fuck is this Ryan?", he sneered.
I gasped and honestly I was sick of his swearing. I was angry that he talked about Ryan that way. He was such a cutie pie.

"Well, I told you that he was my fudging best friend. What is your problem? He is so sweet and the only friend I've got", I raised my voice a little. I never felt anger in a long time so this was kind of new.

"Well I see that he is not only your fudging best friend but also your fucking boyfriend", he mocked at me. He did not just say that. How dare he!!!
I felt my chest heaving and I glared at him as hard as I could.
How could he think such things?!

"He is a 10 year old kid, Eric", I stormed off into the bathroom, gathering my clothes and supplies.

I couldn't believe the nerve of this man.
How dare he thinks I'm cheating on him!
I vowed to be faithful and loyal to him and only him.
I would never cheat on him. He was my everything. My life!

I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt heartbroken.
He doesn't trust me.
He does not trust me even a little bit.

I cried in the bathroom feeling a pain in my chest. For the second time I felt pain in my life. My thoughts flew back to the horrible past. I shuddered and picked myself up. I took a relaxing shower thinking about the trip.

Now I don't even feel like going with him. I just wanted to curl in my bed and cry myself to sleep. But I thought about my family. This trip was the first gift of Clara and Jeremy to us. I couldn't let it go to waste. Moreover, we went shopping yesterday and that would be a waste too.

I shut the shower and dressed myself after drying. I brushed my hair feeling nervous to face him. I took a deep breath deciding not talk to him and opened the door quietly.

Eric was standing before the bed with his back to me. I kept quiet in order to listen to his mutterings.

"Stupid fucking Eric......you have no self control......how can you....fucking get jealous over a freaking child....."

I couldn't stop the giggle at his cute scolding to himself and he turned to meet my eyes. I instantly looked down and walked to the mirror pulling a cardigan over my shoulders. Eric stood there watching me and I felt uncomfortable. I could see he was sorry and I felt bad for him.

I was never the one to hold grudge against someone. I would easily forgive them just like I did with my father. I badly wanted to tell him that it's okay and to trust me. But I didn't find the courage to look him in the eyes after he accused me of having an affair.

"Lily..", he didn't finish when I swiftly walked out of the room, heading to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the carton of orange juice. I poured it in a glass and sat on the counter.

You are not going to give a glass to your husband?, I rolled my eyes at my conscience.

No and he deserves it! You can shut up.

But come on, think. Wouldn't you be hurt if he calls someone else his sweetheart?!

Of course but I wouldn't accuse him. Instead talk to him about it and clear the misunderstanding.

What did you just do, missy? You walked out on him when he came to talk, genius. 

I paused and pondered over my thoughts. It has only been four days since marriage. No one would be able to trust a person in just a few days. I smacked myself and sipped my juice when I heard footsteps behind.

I turned to see Eric coming down the stairs. He looked handsome as ever in a black t-shirt and jeans. The shirt hugged his huge frame showing his muscles and abs. My mind instantly thought of running my hands across his body, kissing him. I shook my head clearing the sinful thoughts and focused on him.

"Lily, I...", he started but I raised my hand indicating him to stop.

"Eric, I have something to tell you. I know this marriage is arranged and you thinking that you'd be better off with someone else. But I vowed to be faithful to my husband and stay loyal only to him. I would never even dream of cheating on you. I already trust you completely and trust my grandparents that they made a good choice. I understand that you need some time to get adjusted to everything and until then, I will wait. I am not going anywhere", I heaved a huge sigh.

Eric's eyes were wide and his mouth hung open. He was in shock and honestly I was too. I did not expect this from myself. I felt a bit proud that I rattled my heart out, meaning every word.

I stared as he shook his head and hugged me. I closed my eyes relishing the moment. He held me close peppering kisses on my face. 

"I am so fucking grateful to have you in my life, angel. I'm so so sorry for jumping to conclusions. It's just that....the thought of any other man even looking at you.....makes me so...restless. I just want to rip their fucking head off", he whispered making me smile.

"Oh Eric, even with a thousand men in a room, my eyes would always search for you. You need not worry about anyone because I'm with you. Not with them", I said kissing his cheek.

"That's true. Forgive me?", he pouted adorably.
"I forgave you the moment I stepped out of that room", I giggled.

We were in our own bubble when the elevator doors opened and I pushed myself away from Eric. He just chuckled and Lucas walked in.
"Sir, the plane is ready and I've come to pick up your suitcases"

"Yes, we are ready to go. Let's go, sweetheart", Eric took my hand in his and we together walked into the elevator.