CHAPTER 10

LILY POV:

My eyes widened when I saw a vase lying on the floor shattered. Eric stood before it, his chest heaving up and down. I gulped as I saw him glaring at me and kept the lunch down aside. I stood silently watching him and finding ways to calm him. I did not even know what got him riled up. I cleared my throat, deciding to break the silence.

"I- I'm s- sorry.....I- ", my voice quivered before he effectively cut me off. He swiftly walked towards me and slammed his office door shut, behind me. I jumped shrieking at the noise. I looked up at him as he assessed me with his eyes. I could tell he was fuming.

"Do you know what are you apologizing for?", he asked slowly. I shook my head, not knowing.
"You don't even know why I am so fucking angry"

I gasped at his language and looked down afraid to meet his eyes. 
"Di-did I do...s-something wrong?"

"What were you doing lying on top of him?", he shouted suddenly making me startled. 
"I....he...I was a-about to.....", my voice trembled as tears pricked my eyes.

"That fucker...Fucking bastard. He was seducing you, wasn't he?! AND DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME!!!", his voice shook the room and my dam broke, as tears poured out of my eyes. I was scared to my roots. I have never been shouted at and I don't personally like loud noises. Sobs broke out of me as my hands vigorously wiped the tears. The shouting brought some of bitter memories and my sobs increased with my tears.

I looked up through my blurry vision to see Eric sporting a guilty look on his face. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish as he neared me. I instantly took a step back and saw hurt flash across his face. My knees felt weak and I cleared my face, drying my tears. He was about to take my hand when I swatted it away, rushing into his attached bathroom. I locked the door and went near the sink. My face was hideous. Tear stains adorned my cheeks, my eyes puffy, red nose and my hair looked tangled.  

A series of knock and apologies resounded into the bathroom. I cried some more and the knocks didn't stop. Finally, I washed my face and dried it with a towel. I ran my hands through my hair, straightening it before turning to unlock the door. 

As soon as I opened the door, I was engulfed into a hug. I resisted but he had a death grip on me, refusing to let go. His face was buried in my hair and a series of apologies poured out from his mouth.
"I'm so sorry...sorry. Please forgive me, Lily. Please, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking.....I'm so sorry...", he kept on whispering into my hair.

I wrapped my arms around his torso, cutting him off. I laid my head on his shoulder and pressed into him more, muttering a small 'it's okay'. He visibly relaxed but didn't let me go. Even when I wiggled a little for indication. We stayed like that for another few minutes when he slowly pulled back, still gripping my waist. His eyes were red and tired. His overall demeanour was saggy and restless.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I feel like a jackass for raising my voice at you. It's just the thought of any man touching you makes me so....so....you know...", he trailed off.

I pulled him to the couch and we both settled on it. He did not let me sit beside him instead pulled me on his lap. I blushed at the position and closeness. His expensive cologne made its presence through my nose. It was so manly and so soothing. I placed my hands on his cheek.

"It's okay", I kissed his cheek and laid my head in the crook of his neck. 
"He was just being nice. I tripped on my foot and was about to fall. But he saved me. That's all happened", I explained.

He sighed and kissed my hair.
"I'm so sorry. I should have listened to your explanation. It looked like you were.....you both were about to....", he didn't finish the sentence.

I looked up at him, "What is it? What did it look like?"
He just looked at me. I tried again.
"Eric?"

He stiffened and looked at me, smiling. He let out a huge breath leaning his forehead against mine. 
"My name sounds heavenly when you say it, angel", he chuckled. I smiled and was glad his anger has subsided. But still he looked so hurt and guilty. I looked into eyes and got the idea to make him feel better.

"Eric, kiss me", I whispered. He was shocked and honestly I wanted to kiss him. Especially after our first fight, even though it was just him shouting.

"You don't need to say twice", he smirked and placed his warm lips on mine. 

The kiss started out slow and soft. He poured all his sorrys into that kiss, moving his lips gently against mine. I gripped his shoulders as I was perched on his lap, sideways. He nibbled on my lower lip and it was the third time he did that. I didn't know what he wanted. He traced my lip with his tongue and I felt something.

Suddenly he squeezed my waist eliciting a gasp from me. He plunged his tongue into my mouth for the first time. My eyes widened at this and my grip got tight on his shoulders. His warm tongue swirled with mine. I moaned when I felt tingles spread in my nether region. It was very uncomfortable and new. 

He sucked on my upper lip and I panted when he leaned back with a satisfying smile. He bit his lip looking at my condition. I placed a hand on my chest to slow down my racing heart. It was felt like I was on fire. My face heated up spreading to my neck. I finally looked up.
"What....what was.....that?"

"That was a French kiss", he smirked, looking amused. I shook my head.

Is he making it up or is it real?!

"Anyways, I brought lunch. Would you like to eat with me?", I asked shyly, looking at him through my lashes.

"I would love to", he grinned. I squealed and got off his lap, walking towards the basket. But I stopped midway and turned back. "But do you...have time? I mean,....it's already five minutes to one"

"There's always time for my wife. Now go and bring that goodness. I'm famished, sweetheart"

I grinned, taking the basket and returned to sit on the couch. We ate our sandwiches in a comfortable silence. He enjoyed every bite of it and it was pretty good. I cut a piece of the apple pie handing him a plate. He chuckled and took a bite of it.

"hmmm.....this is really good. You sure are going to make me fat", he shook his head taking another bite.

"But you already are big", I frowned. He stiffened and then smirked.
"I'm what?"

"You are so tall and huge. I look so tiny beside you. I mean, look at you. Anyone can tell you are big if they just see you", I explained further.

He kept the finished plate and pulled me closer. "Baby, you don't even know half of it. You are going to faint when you see how big I am", he said in a deep husky voice.

My confusion only deepened as I didn't understand his context. Suddenly there was a knock and before I could get up, the door opened to reveal Damien.

"ERIC!!! We have a.........problem??!"