[3] Boyfriends...and Chad

[Outfit Above]

Briar had taken Dude for a walk past the tourney field when he took off from her side

Briar had taken Dude for a walk past the tourney field when he took off from her side. "Dude! Dude no!" She called after him but to no avail. Briar began running after dude, she stopped on the field to see him chasing after Carlos. "Oh, Dude.." Briar followed the two into the forest. "Dude!"

"Briar Rose?" Carlos called out as the girl found them. "Dude..bad boy." Briar picked Dude up who whined softly, feeling bad. "Whoa-Whoa-Whoa!" Briar looked to her right to see Ben skid to a stop beside her. "Guys, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" Carlos pleaded as he held onto the large tree in pure fear. "Hey, who told you that?" Ben asked him as he pet Dude who sat happily in Briar's arms.

"My mother." Carlos answered as if it was obvious. "Cruella?" Carlos nodded at Ben. "She's a dog expert. A dog yeller." Carlos looked at Briar in horror. "Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" Briar brushed her hand over Dude's fur while speaking. "You've never met a dog, have you?" Carlos shook his head rapidly. "Of course not." Ben and Briar shared a glance and Ben gestured towards Dude and then Carlos. "Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mutt." Carlos slowly came down from the tree to stand in front of the two royals. "He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal."

Carlos began petting Dude and broke into a smile. "Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy." Briar handed Dude over and helped place Carlos's arms correctly so he wouldn't drop him while watching the two with a sympathetic smile. "I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island."

"Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs." Carlos said with an awkward chuckle. "Good boy." Briar and Carlos both paused and gave Ben a weird look causing him to quickly correct himself. " I mean, you're a good runner. You're...you're fast, you know." briar raised a brow in amusement as Ben fumbled over his words. "Oh. Yeah. Thank you." Carlos smiled lightly and held Dude close.

"Yeah. Listen, we're gonna give you guys some space, yeah?" Briar nodded in agreement. "You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find one of us when you're done, okay?" Carlos nodded. "Okay." Briar waved at the white and black-haired boy and walked away with Ben.

꧁꧂

Inside Mal and Evie's dorm, Jane hung onto the post of Evie's bed while ranting about her mom. "Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Mal scoffed lightly, she continued sketching in her notebook while laying on her bed. "Auradon."

Briar gave Jane a sympathetic look and rubbed her arm gently. "Mal, do you like?" Mal nodded and her eyes flicked upwards for a second. "Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes." Evie grinned proudly. "I know." The blue-haired girl then turned towards Briar. "B?" Evie then asked, still holding up the dress for the blonde to see. Briar raised her brows in surprise but happily answered. "It's beautiful. It suits you." Evie smiled brightly and went back to work.

"I'll never get a boyfriend." Jane suddenly groaned. "Oh, Jane..you don't need one." Jane sat up on Evie's bed and looked at Briar with wide eyes. "You have Chris! You guys are so adorable."

"Boyfriends are overrated." Mal retorted. "And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one." Evie countered with a smirk. "It's 'cause I don't need one, E." Mal stated. "They're a waste of time." She then told Jane who looked to Briar, the blonde shaking her head silently in disagreement. Evie suddenly gasped and froze in shock. "I forgot to do Chad's homework!" Evie rushed out of her chair and over towards the table where Chad's bag sat. "Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no."

"And that is exactly what I mean." Briar jumped out of her seat and made her way towards Evie taking Chad's backpack out of her grip. "No, no, no. Chad can do his homework himself. Do not let that boy use you." Evie pouted and struggled to listen. She slowly reached a hand for the bag but Briar held it back from her grip. "Ah...keep working on your outfit like you want to. He can deal with the repercussions himself."

Evie sighed but listened, she went back to her sewing machine and continued working on her dress. Her worries of doing Chad's work long left behind. A knock came from the doorway and in walked Lonnie. "Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie." Evie and Mal stared at her for a second before going back to what they were doing. "My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil." Mal grinned at her words and continued drawing.

"But do you think you could do mine?" The purple-haired villain stopped and looked up at Lonnie in confusion. "Why would I do that for you?" Lonnie shrugged and held up a small coin purse. "I'll pay you 50 dollars." Evie looked up and took the bag from Lonnie. "Good answer. I need to buy more material." Evie placed a hand on Lonnie's shoulder and started brainstorming. "Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights."

Lonnie shook her head at Evie's ideas and looked at Mal. "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's." Evie turned and looked at Mal. Really? The split ends, too?" Evie teased her friend who glared at her while she shook the bag of coins. Mal rolled her eyes and growled but climbed off her bed and grabbed her spellbook. "Okay... "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair."

Lonnie's head moved along with the pointing of Mal's finger and she gasped as the spell worked and her hair grew out into long thick brown curls. Lonnie walked towards the floor-length mirror and touched her hair with a look of amazement. "I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..." Evie attempted to comfort her but Lonnie shook her head quickly cutting her off. "No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it."

"You do?" Evie asked in surprise. "It's just..." Lonnie looked down and grabbed a hold of her skirt ripping it. "Now I'm cool." Mal smirked at her. "Like ice." Jane hesitantly walked over to the mirror and stood next to Lonnie before doing the same thing. She clapped her hands over her mouth and gasped. "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!" Briar stood up and walked towards the shorter fairy. "Don't worry Jane." She waved her hand and fixed Jane's skirt making it good as new. "She'll never know." Jane breathed in relief and hugged Briar. "Thank You, Briar Rose."

꧁꧂

Carlos is adorable and I miss Cam
~ A