[19] Bridal Shower

Eight months since the proposal, seven months since the cotillion, and many hours of planning later the wedding of the century was finally happening

Eight months since the proposal, seven months since the cotillion, and many hours of planning later the wedding of the century was finally happening. The day before was for Chris and Briar to spend their last moments as boyfriend and girlfriend before they were both separated till the ceremony.

The now 20-year-olds lay contently in each other's arms, they planned to have a long morning in with breakfast in bed delivered. Chris had multiple stands of Briars' long hair curled in his hand that cradled the back of her neck to his bare chest. He pressed a kiss to her forehead as she stirred awake.

"Good morning Darling." He greeted softly, his voice deeper and raspier from having not been used yet. Briar hummed as she adjusted herself scooting closer to him and hiding her face from the sun in his neck.

"Morning Love." She whispered back. Briar kissed under his jaw before untucking her face and looking up at him. Chris smiled down at her lovingly he couldn't wait to wake up with her like this for the rest of their lives. He dreamed about having their kids running in to wake them up.

Noticing him lost in his thoughts Briar cupped the side of his face and he leaned into it. "What are you thinking about?"

"How I will get to call you my wife tomorrow. Our future including our kids. I can't wait." He answered sincerely.

Briar smiled widely back at him. "I can't wait for that either."

Chris leaned in pressing his lips to her in a sweet kiss before it could get any more passionate someone knocked on their door announcing that one of the kitchen employees was there with their breakfast.

Chris groaned in the kiss and begrudgingly pulled away he climbed out of their bed and walked towards a dressed pulling out a clean shirt as Briar was wearing his from yesterday. The blonde gave him a cheeky smile when he sent her a look over his shoulder.

Chris opened the door, took the tray from the server, and thanked them. He brought it over to the bed and sat it in the open spot Briar made between their respective spots. Chris however picked her up and sat her in his lap before they began eating.

꧁꧂

After they had lunch in the garden and spent time in the library reading Briar was whisked away by Evie and Mal to their dorm where the rest of their friends were. Briar was pleasantly surprised to see Aubrey among them. She was sided with Lonnie and Jane but she was still there.

The blonde teared up at the sight of her little sister. "You came."

Audrey stood up and walked towards her older sister with a smile. "I would never miss this." Briar enveloped her with a happy cry. They hugged each other tightly for a moment before releasing each other.

"Let's get this bridal shower started! I have so many presents from Momma and Aunt Cindy." Audrey said excitedly. She wasn't fond of any of the VKs but she tolerated Evie and agreed to put her differences with Mal aside for Briar.

All the girls cheered and started fawning over Briar making her giggle. She jumped up and down clapping her hands excitedly. She couldn't wait for tomorrow. Audrey was her maid of honor, Evie and Mal were bridesmaids and Jane and Lonnie were the coordinators.

Evie had worked so hard on all of their dresses and even made a second dress for Briar for the reception. She took a similar approach to Briar's mom's original fairytale dress which brought Briar to tears when she saw it finished. Aurora had yet to see it as Briar told her it was a surprise that she would see the day of. Cinderella had teased the other blonde queen that she got to see the dress first.

Briar sat in the middle of all her friends smiling brightly. She was beyond grateful for all of them and their help in making her dream June wedding happen. Briar was shocked out of her thoughts as a plastic tiara with a short white veil was placed on her head, she looked up finding Lonnie had placed it on her.

"Now you can open presents." Lonnie smiled.

The girls spent the rest of the night telling stories, going over the plans for the next day, and teasing Briar about kids until Audrey demanded they go to sleep to have enough beauty rest time.

Author Speaks
I love Briar's friendships