[8] Want to be Good

[Outfit Above]

Briar climbed out of the carriage with the help of Chris, the blonde princess smiled when Chris squeezed her hand

Briar climbed out of the carriage with the help of Chris, the blonde princess smiled when Chris squeezed her hand. The two approached their parents who stood on the right of the large entrance to the cathedral. "You look, beautiful darling." Aurora said as she enveloped her daughter in a short hug followed by Phillip. "You both are going to be amazing rulers soon." Cinderella told the young couple with a wide smile.

"Thank's mom." Chris smiled before he and Briar took a few steps away from them to talk.

"I'll see you inside?" Chris breathed out nervously while looking down at Briar. Briar nodded and smiled sweetly up at him. "Yeah. Breathe, you've got this. I'll be right there on the side, just look to me if you're nervous." Chris looked down at Briar in complete adoration and love. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Briar pretended to think about it for a second before she shook her head innocently.

"No...I don't think you have." Chris leaned down towards her and let his hands fall gently on her waist. "I love you so very much." Briar giggle silently and grinned. "I love you so very much too." She then stood up on her toes and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. The crow in front of the cathedral cheered for the two of them causing Briar to blush and hide her face in Chris's chest making him chuckle.

Chris pecked her lips once more before they separated, Briar entered the large antique cathedral with her parents, Cinderella and Charming. Audrey and her grandmother were already inside in the front on the left by Adam and Belle. Briar stood upfront beside Mal, waiting for the trumpets to sound signaling Ben and Chris were entering. The two slowly walked in and Kneeled down on the steps in front of Fairy Godmother, who then placed Adam's crown on Ben's head.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asked Ben loudly as she held onto her wand. "I do solemnly swear." Ben recited. "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king." Fairy Godmother tapped her wand on either side of Ben's shoulder and then turned to Chris. "And do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon and advise its king as long as you shall reign?"

Chris looked up at Fairy Godmother with a small smile. "I do solemnly swear." Fairy Godmother smiled widely. "Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our king's royal adviser." As soon as Fairy Godmother raised her arm from tapping Chris's shoulders someone grabbed the wand from her hand causing everyone to gasp in shock and fear. Jane struggled to hold onto the wand due to its power, she caused a streak of magic to shoot out of the cathedral hitting the Isle.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother exclaimed in complete awe of her daughter's action. "If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Jane spun around as she fought to hold onto the wand.

"Take cover!" Adam shouted as he protected both Belle and Fairy Godmother. Chris and Ben had rushed down from the steps and both stood in front of Briar and Mal. Mal suddenly ran out from behind Ben and grabbed onto the wand and yanked it away from Jane.

The purple-haired fairy then held onto the wand tightly as she backed up with it in her grip. "Mal, give me the wand." Ben inched towards her with his hand stuck outwards. "Stand back." Mal warned Ben who ignored her and took another slow step forward. "It's okay."

"Ben, I said stand back!" Audrey marched forwards as she glared at Mal. "I told you so!" She shouted angrily but quickly quieted when Mal turned towards her with the wand. Aurora and Phillip and Queen Leah grabbed ahold of Audrey pulling her back. Behind Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos ran up the hall. "Let's go!" Carlos ushered. "Revenge time." Jay added.

"You really want to do this?" Ben asked Mal. "We have no choice, Ben! Our parents..." Chris cut Mal off. "Your parents chose their path. Now you choose yours." Mal paused and began to slowly lower her arms. "I think I want to be good."

"You are good." Ben told her with a weak smile. "How do you know that?" She snapped. "Because..." ben trailed off. "Because we're listening to our hearts." Briar chimed in softly causing Mal to look over at her for a moment, her eyes softening.

Briar never judged her for what her mother did. "I want to listen to my heart, too. " Mal said quietly. She spun around and faced her friends. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." Mal giggled lightly.

"I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." She told Jay who grinned at his team members who called out. "And you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought?" With a sigh, Mal finally turned to Evie with teary eyes. "And Evie...You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart."

"And I don't want to take over the world with evil. It doesn't make me happy. I want to go to school. And be with Ben." Mal turned around with a tear rolling down her cheek. "Because Ben makes me really happy."

Briar leaned into Chris's side as she watched, Chris kissed the side of her head lightly in response. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Mal stuck her fist out towards her friends and waited, hoping they would make the same choice.

"I choose good, too." Jay said and stuck his fist in. Evie nodded with a smiled and stuck her hand in next. "I choose good." The three of them then turned to Carlos who froze. "So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad."

"Your parents can't reach you here." Chris assured him. "Okay, then. Good." Carlos finally stuck his hand in and Mal looked over at Ben. "Come on." Ben happily walked over and Join them. Both Evie and Mal then looked to Briar grinning at the Blonde who squealed softly and jumped over to them placing her hand between followed by Chris.

Something then suddenly broke through one of the large windows and a green smoke flew through the air until it landed upfront. The light went out as the green smoke diminished revealing Maleficent in all black. "I'm back!

꧁꧂

I love Ella's relationship with Briar..they are so cute. Also protective Chris? Yes please!
~ A