[13] To The Island

[Outfit Above & Below]

Evie and Briar walked into her shared dorm with Mal expecting to see the Purple-haired fairy already there since she wasn't around at dinner

Evie and Briar walked into her shared dorm with Mal expecting to see the Purple-haired fairy already there since she wasn't around at dinner. "Eve..." Briar whispered as she walked further into the room and towards the nightstand by Mal's bed where a note was left. Briar gasped softly as she read the short note, she spun around facing Evie with tears in her eyes. "Mal left." Briar handed the note to Evie who read through it now having the same expression as the princess before her.

"How could I not have noticed what she was going through? I'm such a horrible best friend." Evie wondered aloud, Briar frowned at the pain in her breaking voice. "No, no Evie...You are an amazing best friend. Mal just hid it really well. She knew how much you love it here and she didn't want to hurt you." Evie listened and let the blonde's words sink in knowing they were true, she blinked back tears and stood up brushing back her hair. "We have to tell Ben. Now."

꧁꧂

Briar lightly knocked on Ben's office door with Evie behind her. "Ben?" Briar called out. "Briar! Evie! Come on in" Ben smiled at the sight of them but it fell when he saw their solemn expressions. "Mal's gone back to the Isle." Evie explained as she handed him the note that Mal left. "Benny..." Briar whispered before handing him his old ring. Ben read the note and crumpled it in his hand while stepping back in shock.

"This is my fault. This is my fault. I-I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her." Ben teared up and leaned on his desk. "I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and--and beg her to come back." Briar's eyes widened slightly. "Ben, you'll never find her." Evie told him with a shake of her head.

Ben stuttered and paced around his desk towards the large window. "You need to know how the Isle and how it works and..." Evie trailed off. "You have to take me with you" Ben instantly spun around. "Yes!" He exclaimed then freezing. "Uh, are you sure?" He added. "Yeah. She is my best friend." Evie's eyes flickered over to briar as she spoke. "And we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now."

"Thank you!" Evie looked at Ben intently. "But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again." Ben nodded seriously. "I promise." Briar looked between the two and nodded her head shortly knowing what she was going to say. "I'm coming to." Ben's eyes widened and he began to argue when she cut him off. "If something goes wrong you might need magic to get out of it...Helloo." Briar gestured up and down to herself. "Just...no one tells Chris."

Evie smiled seeing that she and the others were starting to rub off on the princess. "There's no way you're going looking like that." She told Ben then turned to Briar with a wide grin. "I have the perfect outfit for you!"