[23] Stowaways

Jane and Chris separated from each other, she went to find her mom and he went to find Briar

Jane and Chris separated from each other, she went to find her mom and he went to find Briar. As Chris was running back to Ben's castle hoping to find him and Briar he instead found Mal, Evie, and the others along with a few he didn't recognize.

"Mal! Evie!" Chris called out to them as he approached. "Is Briar with you?" Chris looked around the group but didn't find the blonde.

"No, we're looking for her and Ben." Evie told him.

"She was here with Ben last. Jane and I told them to stay put." Chris explained and released a heavy breath.

"You've seen Jane? Is she okay?" Carlos asked worriedly.

"She okay. We hid in the enchanted lake. She's looking for her mom." Chris told him causing Carlos to sigh in relief.

"Ben wasn't in his office we're heading to check the bedroom now." Mal announced.

Chris nodded and followed along. He walked beside Jay and snuck a glance back at two other guys with whom he remembered to be Uma.

"Are we ignoring that Uma is back? And who are the other two?" Chris asked Jay quietly.

Jay glanced back shooting Harry a warning look before answering. "We are on common terms to stop Audrey. The other two are Harry Hook and Gil Legum."

Chris raised a brow at the names and nodded.

"Hey, guys.." Evie called out making everyone stop and follow her to where she was looking. Down a hallway to the side, vines were sticking out from a doorway and stretching down parts of the hallway creating a barrier.

"That must have been Audrey." Mal said. The group walked closer to the door.

"This was mine and Briar's room during school." Chris recalled. He looked around and grabbed a sword from the armor on the walls.

"Woah Chris!" Carlos called.

"Briar has to be in there." Chris stated.

Chris warned the group to step back as he hacked at the vines tearing them down enough that they could burst open the doors. Jay helped knock down the rest of the vines clearing the way for everyone to enter.

Uma, Gil, and Harry looked around the grand room in awe while the others focused on the figure on the bed.

"Bri!"

"B!" Evie and Mal exclaimed as they rushed to her side. Mal used her magic along with the ember to try and wake her but nothing happened. Chris watched in anticipation.

"It's not working." Mal told him sadly.

"Wait! The vines, the rose." Evie pointed out while gesturing to the rose in sleeping Briar's hands. "This is just like Sleeping Beauty and Phillip. True love's kiss should wake her."

Chris's eyes lit up with hope. Both girls moved out of the way and stood to the side with Jay and Carlos. Chris sat down on the edge of the bed and leaned down pressing his lips to hers in a soft kiss.

As he sat back up Briar's eyes fluttered open and she smiled in relief at the sight in front of her. She sat up in an instant and wrapped her arms around Chris's neck hugging him tightly.

"I'm so happy it worked. Are you okay? Is the.." Chris asked Briar quietly. She smiled softly and nodded.

"I feel fine."

"Did Audrey do this to you?" Mal asked her in surprise. It was their idea but none of them wanted to believe Audrey would spell her sister.

"She turned me into my mom." Briar said softly.

"And became mine." Mal muttered ironically.

"Is Ben with you? Did Jane get to Fairy Godmother?" Briar rattled off questions as she stood up still in Chris's embrace.

"We don't know where Ben is." Jay answered.

"Or Jane. I can't get ahold of her, the signals out." Carlos added.

"Audrey isn't here but we're hoping we can find a clue." Uma spoke up surprising Briar.

"Uh.." Briar stammered at the sight of the sea witch as well as Harry and Gil. Her eyes flicked between the VK's in confusion.

"They snuck back here from the isle when we went to get Hades's ember." Jay deadpanned while sending Harry a glare the pirate merely grinning in response.

"Wait what? Hades's ember?" Briar wondered with wide eyes.

"We'll fill you in, B." Evie told her. "Do you know where Audrey might have been last?"

"Did you check her dorm? She's still here because of summer school." Briar explained.

"What? Summer school?" Harry but in while laughing. "Summer? School? No wonder she wants revenge."

"Okay, I need you guys to go find Ben." Mal instructed while gesturing to the guys who all nodded.

"We'll go check Audrey's room." The purple and blue-haired fairy added. "Then we will meet back at Evie's in two hours, okay?"

Mal and Uma began to bicker before Briar spoke up interrupting them. "I'll go with the guys to find Ben."

"Absolutely not princess." Chris shot down instantly.

"What? Why?"

"You just woke up from a sleeping spell. I want you to stay with Mal. If Audrey finds you at least it's two against one."

"Chris-"

"I will not risk losing you or the baby." Chris cut her off. His words caught everyone off guard.

"Baby?!" Jay, Mal, and Carlos exclaimed.

"You're pregnant!?" Evie squealed. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"We haven't told anyone but our parents." Chris explained.

"We wanted to wait a bit until after Ben proposed." Briar added.

Evie and Mal hugged and congratulated her while Jay and Carlos did the same to Chris. Briar brushed down her flowy dress revealing her two-month baby bump.

Evie gasped and held her hand out but paused. "Can I?"

Briar nodded and Evie gently set her hand on the small bump. "You girls are gonna be aunties" Briar told them with a bright smile shocking the two even more.

"Really?" Mal asked in awe. Briar nodded once more, both girls teared up at the news but took a few breaths to calm themselves.

Jay appeared behind Evie and Mal impatiently waiting his turn to celebrate. Evie nudged Mal and the two stepped to the side and Jay bear hugged the small blonde.

"I'm so happy for you." He said to her softly before pulling away.

"Thank you Jay" Briar smiled sweetly. The two had gotten closer since he came to Auradon. Although Jay was younger he took the role of protective older brother.

"We are going to talk about this later and we will plan a big baby shower but we have an evil princess to catch." Mal stated causing each girl to laugh quietly.

"Ok. Let's split up." She announced.

Uma did a handshake with Gil and Harry before separating. Chris gave Briar one more kiss, rubbed her belly, and left with the guys. The girls headed back towards Auradon Prep and to Audrey's dorm.

Author Speaks
SURPRISE!! Some of you saw that coming I'm sure.

I've been really wanting to finish this story and I have the motivation. I'm not sure why but I'm not gonna question it either.