[25] Revive the ember

The group snuck into Fairy Cottage to find it seemingly empty

The group snuck into Fairy Cottage to find it seemingly empty. Jay ran upstairs to check quickly.

"She's not upstairs." He said when he came back down.

Behind Ben was a locked closet door shaking as if something was stuck in there. The group glanced at each other before Briar waved her hand using her magic to make the door open as they all stood back.

It swung open revealing a curled-up Chad. He sat on the floor hugging his knees to his chest and shaking.

"Chad?" Ben and Chris asked in surprise.

"I want my mommy." Chad mumbled fearfully.

Ben and Chris went to help him up but the sudden move made the boy flinch.. "It's okay. What happened, buddy?" Ben asked Chad, concerned yet calm.

"Hmm." Chad mumbled as he looked around the room frantically but found no Audrey in sight. He then looked to his sides finding Chris and Ben being the ones who helped him.

"Chris! Ben! Oh!" He jumped at Ben and grabbed onto his collar.

"She's gone, huh? The door's open." Chad said before taking off in a sprint. "I'm free. Free! Freedom!"

Harry started laughing and Uma looked at the blonde Queen and King. "How is that your brother?" She asked, completely thrown off. The two brothers were nothing alike except in looks.

"Believe me I ask myself that every day." Chris answered with a shake of his head and a sigh. Briar patted his chest and took his hand as they all left the cottage, following Chad back towards the school.

"Oof, alright, let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already." Uma said, causing the group to laugh.

"What do you say, girl? Time to wrap things up?" She asked Mal and gestured for them to knuckle bump.

"You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Ben told Uma with a smile and wrapped his arm around Mal's shoulder.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over." Evie told him with a wide smile.

"Mal?" Ben asked, his brows were heavily furrowed as he looked at her.

"I have to tell you guys something." Mal said suddenly. Everyone came to a slow stop and she walked in front of them so she could face everyone. "Um...I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle." She admitted.

"What do you mean?" Jay confusedly asked.

The program is shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good.

"For Auradon's safety." Ben added.

"Ben." Chris said, shocked.

"What? Why didn't either of you tell us? What about all those kids?" Briar questioned, her eyes flickering back and forth between Mal and Ben.