[6] A Sour Treat

[Outfit Above]

Early Wednesday morning before the festivities tomorrow, Briar Rose had gathered the VK's in the Remedial Goodness classroom with Fairy Godmother

Early Wednesday morning before the festivities tomorrow, Briar Rose had gathered the VK's in the Remedial Goodness classroom with Fairy Godmother. "Children, excuse me." Fairy Godmother gathered their attention at the head of the room where she stood beside an older TV. "Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh," She paused. "Distance, Briar Rose and I have arranged for a special treat."

Fairy Godmother spun around and pressed a button on the keyboard turning on the TV showing Maleficent's face up close to the camera. "I don't see anything, nor do I hear." Maleficent backed up and sat down on a beaten-up couch beside Cruella and Jafar with the Evil Queen peeking out from behind her horns. "Kids!" Fairy Godmother gestured for them to come closer so they could see their parents. "Is it... is it... is..." Maleficent was muttering to herself as she shook the Laptop on her side trying to figure it out. "Press enter." Jafar told her.

"Can I please see a remote?!" Maleficent grabbed the remote from the Evil Queen and aggressively pressed it. "Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip...Oh!" She gasped as it came on and she could now see everyone. "Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful." The Evil Queen waved to Evie excitedly, the blue-haired princess shyly waved back with a smile. "Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Maleficent waved the Evil Queen's hands off her horns as she spoke. "Don't you mean the weeds?"

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella exclaimed as she got closer to the camera. "This is Fairy Godmother." Briar introduces politely. "Still doing tricks with eggplants?" maleficent teased causing the villains to erupt into snickers. "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." Fairy Godmother argued defensively. "You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." Briar nodded as she rubbed Fairy Godmother's arms and turned her away from the screen. "I know...I know." The VK's now stood in front with Briar to Evie's side quietly listening. "Hi, mom." Mal greeted. "Mal! I m-m-miss you." Maleficent stammered. "You children are never far from our thoughts." Jafar quickly inputs earning a smack from Maleficent.

"How long must mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked with fake innocence. "Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that." Mal answered nonchalantly. "When?" Maleficent jumped. "Friday, 10 A.M."

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much." Briar glanced at Mal nervously seeing the tension in her body at Maleficent's words. "Yes, I completely understand, mother." Briar placed a hand on Mal's arm giving her a small sympathetic smile. "Who's the blonde?" Evil Queen asked as she looked through Maleficent's horns.

"Uh.." Jay hesitated. "Briar Rose." Mal answered shortly knowing it would bug her mom that her nemesis daughter was standing there with them. "Briar-you!" Maleficent exclaimed causing Briar to jump back slightly. "The spawn of sleeping beauty and her relentless little prince." Maleficent sneered. "How's your grandparents? Still sleeping soundly?" Briar held a calm face as Maleficent kept mocking her. The evil fairy then leaned closer to the screen. "I'll tell you, something princess. You are nothing but a insecure, wanna-be perfect little girl that will never meet everyone's standards."

Briar's breath caught in her throat, she blinked fast a few times holding in tears at her words. Others might think she was just upset by her mean words...but for Briar those words hit her. She has always had a hidden insecurity of who she is and how she acts, looks, and more. Her Grammy expected so much from her, she needed to look perfect, act perfect, be perfect. Evie wrapped an arm around Briar's shoulders and gently pulled her out of the screen's view.

"Don't listen to her...she's biased to your family." Evie said as she rubbed her arm comfortingly. "You are beautiful, you are worthy and you don't need to be perfect." Evie told the blonde princess with a sweet smile. With teary eyes, Briar gave Evie a soft appreciative smile. "Thank you."

"Us princesses have to stick together. Remember?" Evie said as she broke into a grin earning a giggle from the blonde in response. The two princesses wrapped their arms around the other shoulders in a hug, Evie gave Briar a light squeeze before letting her go. The two now returned focus to the conversation between the others.

"He's the perfect size for a pet." Carlos told his mother, making her gasp in surprise. "This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!" Cruella gasped once more and jumped back into her seat in surprise. "So give it a rest!" Jafar started laughing. "Oh-ho! Burn!" Cruella rolled her eyes at him. "Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Jafar glared at her. "People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones."

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors." Jay tapped the button turning off the TV silencing their fighting parents. Fairy Godmother took small steps back towards the teens with a saddened look. "I'm so sorry." She apologized softly. "Thanks for the special treat." Jay thanked as he glanced at the older fairy to Briar who stood close to Evie.

"Of course." Fairy Godmother nodded her head. Evie gave Briar's hand one last squeeze before walking away with the others leaving the blonde with Fairy Godmother. The older woman turned towards the oldest Beauty and enveloped her in a loving hug. "Are you alright dear?" Briar released a deep calming breath and gave a light smile. "I am. Thank you, Godmother." Fairy Godmother tilted her head slightly and cooed. "Of course."