[12] Different Feelings

[Outfit Above & Below]

Three weeks later

Inside Mal and Evie's dorm stood an excited Briar and she helped Evie make Mal's cotillion dress. "Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal gasped and held a hand to her stomach as Evie pulled her corset tighter. "Well, you can breathe after Cotillion." Evie told her absent mindedly as she fluffed the dress. "Evie" briar called with a teasingly pointed look. Evie raised her head and gave the blonde and innocent expression. "What?"

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal stressed but Evie was half listening as she focused on her work. "Impeccable" She muttered to herself while kissing her fingers.

"Evie?" Mal called, earning a hum in response. "Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asked her best friend with a hesitant glance towards the blonde who was adding something to a pair of heels. "That's funny." Evie said shortly before smiling when Mal and Ben came onto the TV. "Ah! Look who's on TV."

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago...No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last. Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." Mal stepped down from the platform and went to her bed where she grabbed her spellbook casting a spell to help her read. "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need."

Briar lightly nudged Evie's arm and nodded her head towards Mal. "I know Mal's secret to fitting in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit." Evie said while the two of them walked towards Mal's bed. "Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" Briar added softly.

Mal turned to Evie trying to convince her. "Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Evie held onto the poster bed by one hand and leaned closer. "Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book--" Evie took it from Mal who shrieked in argument. "Ah!"

"It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror. Don't give me the face." Evie instructed the purple haired girl who was now sticking out her bottom lip. "Put the pout away." Mal begrudgingly stopped puting and Evie hummed. "Mm-hmm. You know I'm right." Evie spun around and put the book on the table. "You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Briar looked at Mal sympathetically knowing that this change was the hardest for her.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie asked. "Yeah!" Mal grinned widely. "No!" Evie responded with a chuckle. "What?" Mal gapped in shock. "Why would we? M, come here." Evie pulled Mal up off of her bed and led her to where Briar stood by the TV. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now."

"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers. Here she is enjoying a cozy bite..." Evie rubbed Mal's arms. "See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here. So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" The blue haired princess then grabbed the pair of boots Briar was working on earlier. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them." Mal hummed in agreement with a tight lipped smile. "Mm. Severe."

꧁꧂

Briar walked with Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos. The two princesses were arm in arm while multiple girls from the school were giggling at Jay. Jane suddenly popped up in front of the two fairies. "Briar Rose? Mal?" Briar smiled softly at Jane, the younger girl had grown so much over the past months. "Yes?" Both Briar and Mal responded. "I hate to keep bugging you both, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..."

"Bug us?" Mal asked with a light chuckle. "Right." Jane said with a nod. "Yeah, Jane, we would love to." Mal said while gesturing to herself and Briar. "I just have to get to class and Briar is meeting Chris." Jane quickly stopped the two who were about to walk off. "You know, just nod if you like it." Mal hesitated but went along with it. "Okay."

"Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet." Jane rambled off quickly. "Honestly, Jane, whatever you think--" Briar began to say knowing the girl was amazing at party planning.

"I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three." Jane continued, having cut the blonde off. Mal's eyes flashed green, Briar put a gentle hand on her arm bringing her back and helping her calm down.

"I say pen toppers." Mal said. Jane smiled widely. "Yeah?" Both Briar and Mal nodded. "Yeah" the blonde princess said. "You won't regret it." Jane promised as she typed in the information on her tablet. "Are you okay?" Briar whispered to Mal with worry, Mal squeezed Briar's hand tightly but nodded. "Mhm.."

"I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!" Lonnie exclaimed "Me, too." Mal sighed in content but then her words sunk in. "Wait! What?!" She gasped while looking from Briar to the others in shock. "The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." Jane explained. Evie squealed excitedly. "I knew it!"

"Well, everyone knows it." Lonnie said with a tone as if it was obvious. "I didn't know it!" Mal exclaimed nervously. Briar rubbed her arm lightly hoping to help calm her. "How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--" Mal was cut off by Ben and Chris walking over to their group. "Hi, Mal." Ben greeted with a smile causing Lonnie, Jane and Evie to grin and mock Mal. "Hi, Ben." They all said dreamily. Jane suddenly pulled Ben away to the side to talk to him while Chris wrapped his arms around Briar's waist and pulled her into a light kiss.

The girls all sighed and 'Awed' at the engaged couple. "Hi" Briar smiled up at Chris through her long lashes. "I missed you." Chris pouted causing Briar to giggle. "You saw me all this morning." Playfully rolling his eyes Chris rested his head in her neck. "That was too long ago." He whined, he then slowly began tickling her sides causing her to erupt in laughter and squeals.

"I cannot wait to start on her wedding dress" Evie grinned while watching the two happily. "Their wedding is going to be the event of the century." Lonnie added with a nod. The dark haired girl then quickly turned to Mal. "No offense!" Mal brushed Lonnie off with a small chuckle, fully agreeing with her two friends.

꧁꧂

I know it's been a while and I'm sorry I have a lot going on right now even though it's summer. Between family things, preparing for college next month and more I haven't had time or the energy to sit and write.
~ A