seven

BETH QUINN

christmas eve was probably my favourite day of the year, i preferred it over christmas any day and this year was no different.

my mum always bought us all matching christmas pyjamas and we'd sit and watch the grinch as a family, with a takeaway and snacks and i would never miss it for the world.

so that's how i found myself currently stood in my room, a pair of red and green christmas pyjamas on and my hair up in a bun, secured with a christmas scrunchie. i send a selfie to will, who responded with a selfie of him and his mum, making my heart melt.

i met his mum before, not too long ago, when she came down to london to visit him. it took a bit of convincing to ensure her will and i weren't dating but we got there in the end and she was just so lovely.

"beth! hurry up" i heard brodie call and i laughed, sticking my glasses on and making my way downstairs.

"sit next to me" brodie said, patting the side next to him. i smiled and grabbed a blanket, sitting next to my little brother, who put his head on my lap.

at around eleven, brodie was sound asleep next to me and my mum and dad had left to go and wrap and prepare the presents so i stood up and carefully lifted brodie, taking him up to his bed before making my way to my room.

all the presents i had brought, i had already wrapped thankfully so i could relax tonight. i plugged my phone in as it died while i was downstairs and i was too lazy to charge it.

i jumped into bed and checked my notifications, i had a few text messages from will, harry and a few friends in a uni group chat.

will was just messaging to say merry christmas early, which made me smile. he really was just the bestest friend in the whole world.

harry texted me asking if i wanted to facetime but i missed the message, due to my phone being dead so i texted him explaining, and told him i was up for it, if he was.

i scrolled through instagram for a while, remembering to finally follow harry and the two cals, and i followed all the sidemen quickly too.

talia followed me back almost instantly, along with freezy and lux and then suddenly i got a call, i checked to see that it was harry facetiming me.

i fixed my hair and slid my glasses on to my face before hitting accept and the blonde boy popped onto the screen. he was laid in bed, shirtless with messy hair.

"hi, smelly" he said, rolling his eyes. "you're so clingy, leave me alone"

"okay, i'll go then, i guess" i sighed, dramatically.

"you may as well stay seeing as you're already here" he said, letting out a slight laugh, running his free hand through his hair.

"how was your flight?" i asked him as i laid down, my curly hair sprawling out all over the bed.

"rubbish and short" he shrugged. "as much as i say i hate guernsey, i secretly love it, you should come sometime"

"yeah, maybe" i agreed. "you'll never guess what! my little brother was watching the sidemen today, he told me you're his favourite"

"no way!" he laughed. "he's a little legend"

i let out a laugh, watching harry sit up, exposing his hairy chest, he fixed his hair once again before returning his full attention to his phone. "yeah, mum! i'm on the phone to a friend"

i laughed a little as i heard some commotion in the background. "i heard a girls voice!"

"fuck sakes, josh, fuck off" i heard harry groan, before getting up and then i heard a door slam, i just sat and laughed at the scenes unfolding.

harry eventually came back and picked up his phone. "sorry about that, my little brother is a dickhead, proper weirdo"

"don't be so mean!" i tutted, making harry smile and give me the finger.

"hey, i followed you on instagram, follow me back you dick" i told him, glaring at him.

"i told you, beth, you have to be proper special to get a wroetoshaw instagram follow" he told me, making me pout.

"am i not special?" i frowned, making him huff and roll his eyes before the words 'paused' popped up, signalling that he had gone to follow me back.

'wroetoshaw followed you back!'
'wroetoshaw liked your photo!'
'wroetoshaw commented: ugly❤️'

"wow, feeling the love" i said, sarcastically as harry came back into the call.

"always" he laughed. "hey, you're going to jj's new years party, right?"

"yeah, definitely, wills dragging me" i told harry.

"what like as his date?" he asked and i burst out laughing, shaking my head.

"don't be so daft" i said. "he just wants me to hang out with like you guys and your group more, i think he worries because i have like, four friends"

"beth, that's so sad" harry said, laughing.

"you're so rude" i said, frowning at him which made him roll his eyes. "oh my god, harry, it's two minutes til' christmas!"

"oh yeah, so it is" he said, not interested whatsoever.

"okay, mister grinch" i teased. "i'm so tired so i'm probably going to fall asleep soon"

"you're just making yourself tired so you can wake up and see santa!" harry said, faking enthusiasm.

"you are so un-festive!" i lectured him. "have a little christmas spirit!"

"i would if i wasn't in my shitty tiny room with shitty internet without my shitty friends" he said, shaking his head.

"you're so annoying" i said, before noticing it was now midnight. "oh my! merry christmas, harry"

"merry christmas, beth" he said, finally wearing a massive grin.

"i'm going to go to sleep now, i'll text you tomorrow, okay?" i told him.

"of course" he smiled, showing his perfect smile and teeth. "sweet dreams, beth"