twenty three

BETH QUINN

i was never a great cook, in fact, i was absolutely terrible in the kitchen so when harry told me i had to help with dinner, it was a shit show.

"have you grated the cheese yet?" harry asked as i frantically moved the cheese up and down the grater, almost breaking a sweat. "why couldn't you just buy pre grated cheese?"

"because" i groaned, giving him an evil look. "i didn't think of that, okay?"

harry let out a belly laugh and continued boiling the pasta, occasionally stirring it before opening the beans to put on the hob to cook.

i admired the blonde boy who was rocking a chelsea top along with grey joggers which was my favourite thing on him, he always looked so good. his blonde hair was tousled and messy but i loved it.

"are you excited for the charity match next week?" i asked harry who was stirring the beans around the saucepan with a wooden spoon.

"excited is one word" harry said with a nervous laugh "we got absolutely shafted last year, so if we don't win this one, we're in the mud"

"you'll be fine" i reassured him. "now, what team do i support seeing as you're playing in sidemen fc obviously but wills playing for youtube allstars"

"you support your loving boyfriend, obviously!" harry said, laughing. "i'll put on a show for you"

i let out a stupid laugh as harry winked, striking a suggestive pose.

"youtube allstars it is!" i laughed.

"i'll let you wear my top from last year" he said. "it's one of a kind"

"i've been swayed" i laughed as i agreed to wear his top.

"talia and freya are wearing simon and josh's tops i'm sure so you'll be fine" harry told me as he added my perfectly grated cheese into the pot of pasta and stirred while i stirred the beans.

"fans know about them though" i pointed out. "they don't know about us"

"why don't we go public before next saturday then?" harry asked me. "we could do a stream, fancy mariokart?"

"sounds good" i grinned. "i hope they like me, sidemen fans are ruthless"

"they're harmless" he scoffed. "well, most of them"

i laughed as harry finally combined both pots of food, commencing his famous cheesy beany pasta, i was so excited to eat it since he hadn't made it in quite a while.

a comfortable silence overtook us as harry plated up the pasta and i poured us some glasses of ice water, placing them on my small dining table, harry brought the two bowls over and we dug in immediately.

harry was currently informing me about the latest sidemen sunday they were filming next month, which he said was going to be their best one yet.

"genuinely, we're doing the holiday video concept but international so the rubbish team will go to somewhere shit with a small budget" the boy laughed as he stuck a forkful of pasta into his mouth. "i'm manifesting a spot on the good team"

"i genuinely hope you get the shit team, again" i laughed making harry narrow his eyes at me and flick a baked bean at me. "you're fucking grim"

"you're a bitch" he retaliated making my jaw drop, jokingly as i chucked a napkin at him, hitting him square on the face. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry"

"that's what i thought" i said as a laugh escaped my lips, eating another mouthful of the pasta. "this is so good, by the way, you're a decent cook"