forty

the flight to guernsey was short but it felt so long, i felt extremely on edge after the night we had previously.

harry kept reassuring me that everything would be okay but i was panicking, i was a panicky person, okay?

"my mum and dad are working so we can grab a taxi to my house and catch up on some sleep before you meet the family" harry informed me and i smiled, gratefully seeing as we had barely slept a wink.

the taxi ride was short and sweet and we pulled up to a fairly big house, the garden was absolutely massive.

we thanked the driver and got out, grabbing our luggage and making our way up and into the house.

"rosie! josh!" harry called out and a teenage girl who i recognised, appeared in the hallway.

"oh my god, are you beth?" she asked, completely ignoring the fact that she was reuniting with her older brother for the first time in months. "i'm rosie, nice to meet you"

"it's so nice to finally meet you too!" i smiled, giving her a short hug, before she moved onto harry to give him a bear hug, i smiled at their sweet sibling moment.

"hi, i'm josh" the boy who had appeared seconds later said. "your accent is sick"

"no way!" i laughed. "i'm just glad yous can understand me"

"wait until she talks fast, it's like a whole new language" harry added in, bro-hugging his brother as i sent him a glare and the two younger siblings let out a laugh. "we're going to head up for a few hours kip, don't wake us"

"now i really want to wake you" josh shrugged and i laughed as harry grabbed my suitcase along with his and pulled them into his room, closing the door.

"your siblings are nice" i smiled as i sat down on his bed and looked around, his room was so cute and typical. it had blue walls and brown furniture, a small tv mounted onto the wall, his set up and a shit tonne of trophies on a shelf.

"you played table tennis?" i smirked as i looked at all his trophies.

"yeah, i was a bit of a neek" he laughed. "leave it out"

"that's so cute" i laughed, harry sat down next to me, throwing his arm around my shoulder, i looked up to him with a smile.

"how are you feeling?" he asked me and i shrugged.

"a lot better, i've not had a panic attack in so long" i told him. "are you okay?"

"i'm sound, i regret doing it in a club but i don't regret hitting him" he shrugged. "he shouldn't have cornered you and said that stuff"

"i know, but what if anyone saw? or videod it?" i asked.

"then there's footage of me punching that asshole; even better" he laughed making me roll my eyes playfully. "it'll be okay, beth"

"i hope so" i told him, we then got changed into pyjamas and got into harry's bed, falling into a deep sleep which, admittedly, we both needed.

i woke up to the sound of harry's voice, i looked around to see it was now dark outside, did i really sleep for that long?

i stood up and made myself look a little bit presentable, pulling on my oversized grey zipper hoodie over my black cycling shorts and and white sidemen shirt.

"hey, you're awake!" harry smiled as he appeared in his bedroom, a mug of tea in his hand.

"what time is it?" i asked him and he checked his phone.

"seven thirty" he informed me. "everyone's ate dinner but i saved mine and yours until you were up, so that you wouldn't have to eat alone"

"awww, you're so sweet" i smiled, my heart growing as i looked at the boy. "is your mum and dad home?"