twenty

BETH QUINN

after two days of having my phone turned off, not eating and literally putting every living second into finishing my uni work for the year, i found will at my door, worry painted all over his face.

"beth, lass, you can't just go off the radar like that" he sighed, stepping inside when i stepped to the left.

i laughed a little, he was like a worried dad. "sorry, just been super busy with uni"

"i mean, id say understandable but i dropped out in my first few months" he laughed, scratching the back of his neck as we made our way into the living room. "so what's been happening?"

"not a lot, to be fair" i shrugged, leaving out the whole harry and freezy situation. "just the same old"

"so harry didn't show up to your apartment high off his tits?" will asked, making my eyes widen.

"how did you know?" i asked him.

"beth, we live in the same building" he said with a laugh. "i saw him come in and then i saw lux pick him up so i messaged lux to see if everything was okay and he told me"

"it wasn't a big deal" i shrugged. "i'm fine"

"he didn't upset you or anything did he?" he asked and i shook my head, hesitantly. "he has a habit of being proper rude when he's under the influence"

"everything's fine, i think" i told him and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"you think?"

i sighed and led him into the living room where we sat and explained everything, from harry showing up high to lux telling me about freezy. will looked baffled by the end of it all.

"so you're telling me freezy got harry high and then filled him with a load of bullshit about you so that he wouldn't ask you out?" i nodded. "i swear to god, when i get my hands on that little-"

"will, stop" i said. "i don't want you to get involved and fall out with your friends over this"

"he's messing with your happiness, beth" will said. "i know you, and i know that since you and harry have started seeing each other, you've been a lot happier and i'm not going to sit back and let someone ruin it"

"i'll speak to him" i said. "i'll go over today and speak to both of them"

"do you want me to come?"

"it'll be fine" i shook my head. "but thank you, it means so much to me"

"of course, you're my best friend, you fuckin' idiot" he laughed, pushing me slightly.

i laughed and messed his hair up, making him groan. it was times like these i realised how much i had missed spending time alone with will, and how guilty i felt for not spending more time with him.

we ended up getting lunch from the local chippy, and we sat in my apartment, just laughing the whole afternoon away.

we were now sat on the sofa, watching tipping point and both scrolling aimlessly through our phones when the doorbell went off, i groaned and will offered to answer it which i gladly accepted.

i opened all of my snapchat's while will was away and when he came back, a familiar boy was at his tail.

"beth" freezy said as he sat down next to me. "can we talk?"

"i'm gonna go downstairs and grab my charger, i'll be back" will said, obviously just wanted to let us talk.

"i fucked up, i shouldn't have done what i done" freezy continued. "i'm so annoyed at myself, for catching feelings for my best friends girl, for trying to manipulate your relationship"