Chapter 55

The night was very short, because on the one hand I could not wait to fly to Spain and on the other hand because I had to think about the appointment again and again. It made me not know if I was sick. I probably didn't worry too much about anything, but if a doctor was worried, why shouldn't I.

So, I was tired and hungry when I arrived at the paddock. Since I was in the hotel before, I only had a bag full of chocolate and my backpack full of documents with me. With these things I wanted to make a quick round and bring everyone the chocolate and thank me, because they all deserved it.

Since Williams was closest, the first thing I went to was to them. Luckily Claire had come out of the motorhome, so I felt less criminal when I entered the building. But first I wanted to thank her, because she, like quite everyone, had helped, even though I had hardly spoken to her a word before.

"Oh, good that I meet you. I wanted to thank you and the team," I started and pulled a Toblerone out of my pocket. Claire looked at me surprised but really pleased. She seems to really like the gift, I was afraid that she might not like it.

She shook my hand: "Women have to stick together, and I want to be convinced of your qualities later on, after all, I'm in the team leader quiz today. We also have an interview to do, because I also want to have the best journalist, the boys should take the others." We smiled at each other and I thanked again before I went into the building. Claire had told me beforehand where rob and George were going.

Unfortunately, they weren't there, so I just put a plaque on the table and wrote them a short message. Finally, I had many people to thank and then to do some work. So, I couldn't wait for them and left the Williams building.

When I wanted to go to Alfa Romeo, I ran straight into Antonio's arms: "Hanna! It's like having you back." He beamed at me when I fell around his neck. I had missed a day in Bahrain and yet it felt like so much more, which was probably due to the almost two weeks break between races.

"How I missed you and everyone else. Thank you for not following my request and supporting Max. I will probably never be able to thank you enough, because there is no word that could describe this. So just thank you," I handed over his Toblerone to the Italian.

Broadly grinning, he accepted them: "You don't have to thank any of us, because we had all done it only because we wanted you to stay here. Nobody can interview as well as you, so it was also a bit selfish, and Max would howl our ears full."

"But thank you and do you happen to know where Kimi is?" I wanted to know from him. But he shrugged his shoulders and said I should try it in the motor home. Although everyone could go into the motorhomes, I felt like a criminal. That's why I'd rather go to the bar than follow Antonio's description, because I felt wrong about it.

I smiled kindly at the man behind the counter: "Excuse me, I wanted to thank Kimi, is he here by chance?" The man was skeptical of me because he probably didn't recognize me and only recognized me as a Sky reporter.

"Kimi is unfortunately already in an interview, should I do something to him?" I turned around in horror. There stood my compatriot, Beat Zender. He smiled at me kindly, and I couldn't help but answer this.

I immediately took out two Toblerone, one for him and one for Kimi: "I wanted to thank him and of course you and give you one bar of it. Would you give or lay down this Kimi and say thank you to him from me."

"Of course, I do it, nice to see that they listened to us all. You do your thing really well, and you know yourself really well in Formula One, for that you've only been there since this season. It's nice to see that even a woman is allowed to really get behind the microphone and not just ask us on the paddock. It's important that the girls have someone, and they can look up, even if you're just coming and not driving," he admitted. Because I didn't expect that, but I thanked me politely before saying goodbye.