Chapter 78

Max POV:

I got out of my car, where Christian immediately intercepted me: "Good job, that's going to happen. The track is not easy to drive at the moment, everyone has felt that." Still, I wasn't happy with fourth place because I knew it would be better.

" You just couldn't find any grip and then this Bieber," I replied to my boss. He just patted me on the shoulders with encouragement and said that it would certainly be better in the afternoon. I, on the other hand, wasn't so sure, because the track was just too dirty to be able to drive properly. With Christian and my father, I made my way to the motorhome, where Daniel also crossed our path:

"Difficult, right?" I just nodded to the Australian, who, like me, was probably not thrilled, even though he had also finished in the top 10 with his new team.

"That will be," it came again from Christian, "Hopefully not too good for you. No matter how much I like you, you shouldn't beat us anymore." Still laughing, he said to Dan, who immediately replied. Our conversation didn't get much further as we heard a scream. 

This literally drove me into the bones, because I knew the voice behind it only too well. My eyes immediately scanned the surroundings and what I saw made me hold my breath and the blood in the veins freeze.

Hanna lay half in the arms of a Haas employee and held her stomach with a pain-distorted face: "Hanna." Without really being able to think, my legs had become independent and had overcome the distance to my girlfriend. I immediately took her out of the mechanic's arms and pulled her tightly to me. She cried bitterly and was visibly painful and very afraid, which also made me feel the pure fear.

" My belly, Max", her voice was just trembling. I had seen Hanna cry a lot in the last few days, but she wasn't that finished even after the phone call with her mother. What caused me to push them even harder on me, I was immediately overwhelmed. All I knew was that I had to calm down and protect my girlfriend.

 Carefully I pushed my hand under her knees: "Everything will be fine, I promise you." I was aware that I could not have any influence on what was happening. I didn't even know if everything would be fine, but it felt like a duty to make this promise to her. So that hopefully she can take away the fear of something. 

Carefully and yet as quickly as possible, I had lifted her up, her hands had clawed her in my shirt. She had also pressed her face to my chest, as no one was supposed to see how she was doing. After all, the photographers were still around us and wanted to profit from this situation, which only made me angry. 

With Hanna in my arms, I ran to my car, as our medical center would have no help for this problem. We just had to go to the hospital as soon as possible and pray that the little ones were well. But even more important to me was that nothing would happen to Hanna.

" I'm driving!" decided Dad. I was more than grateful to him for that and just gave him the keys. If I had driven, I would certainly have had an accident, so I was glad he was here. 

Hanna POV: 

"Max," I whimpered in fear. My head was on his feet while Jos raced like a madman to the hospital and probably didn't follow the traffic rules. If he hadn't been a racing driver, I probably would have been even more afraid. 

The Dutchman tried to appear calm, but in his eyes I could see the sheer fear: "We are right there Hanna, everything will be fine. Nothing will happen to you, not as long as I live. Promised." His pressure on my right hand became firmer, which my boyfriend held all the time.

" The babies," it escaped me again, "please Max, nothing must happen to them." The pain in my stomach was just the worst, as I didn't know if my little ones were okay. I didn't care what was going on with myself, but nothing was allowed to happen to them.