Chapter 57

As always, the first two training sessions were not really spectacular. At least I hadn't thought about the gynecologist's appointment since yesterday afternoon. Work was the best distraction.
But now that I was sitting in a restaurant with Max, and he had disappeared in the toilet, I had to think about it. This was probably only because I looked directly at an obviously pregnant woman. She beamed and seemed more than happy, which was beautiful.

"Is something?" I hadn't even noticed Max, so I shrugged because of the question. I took my look from the pregnant woman and looked directly into my boyfriend's worried face. He had probably tried to find out what I had stared at, but apart from the woman and probably her husband no one could see.

I denied his question because he should focus on driving and not on my unnecessary worries: "It's just so weird that i'm just 20 years old, I just don't feel that old yet."

'You're going to be 20and not 50, at the moment it's gpod that you're getting older. It's still a year, and you're allowed to get drunk all over the world," I rolled my eyes. At least he had believed my excuse, because I just wanted to get him away from my real worries. It felt really weird that in less than three hours I would be 20, in my head I was still 10.

We enjoyed eating our food and chatted about pulling together: "I could take your suitcase home, and you go to your parents after the meeting in Munich. If you fly to me from Zurich the next day, you could take the most important thing with you." I agreed with Max's proposal because Somehow I couldn't wait to live with him. I was also a little afraid of it, after all, my friends and family lived in Switzerland.

But if I thought of my father's family, even Australia wouldn't have been far enough away. But this was another topic that didn't matter at the moment, after all it was about Max and me. I loved him and wanted to be with him as many times as I could. In addition, Monaco was certainly a good place to live, especially if you loved the warmth like me. Actually, it's a contradiction to my love of ice cream, but I only liked ice cream in the halls.

"How is Vic doing, isn't she and your family coming to the race?" I looked at Max. I hadn't seen Jos in particular for a long time now, because he wasn't in Baku. While I was in daily contact with his sister and friends, I hadn't heard from Jos and Sophie.

Max seemed briefly surprised by my topic change, as the change of theme was not good either: "Vic is doing well, she spends the weekend with Tom in a spa. With Mum, everything is also good, because Dad comes tomorrow, she stays at home. So the question of Dad should be settled. When do I meet your parents?"

"Before we get married? Just for advance warning, my dad and Leon have been Formula 1 fans since I can think. So it could be that they need a moment to see you as a person, not a driver," my family had embarrassed me often enough. That's why I had to warn Max, so it wasn't too shocking for him.

Max smiled at me: "As long as they don't hate me, everything is good. Your family will certainly not be as bad as you think. I also thought my mother would break you down into parts like my ex, but she doesn't have that.' My parents and brother would definitely act as I was used to, I was sure. Still, I nodded because I didn't want to talk about my family anymore.

"Are we going to the hotel afterwards?" I looked at my friend seductively. The Dutchman had promptly swallowed his water, so I got up and patted him on the back. Thankfully he looked at me in the back when it went again.

He took my hand in his: "Nothing better than that, I want to show you something yet." I looked at him in a surprised way, because I had no idea what he was going to show me just before eleven o'clock in the evening. As well as I knew Max, I could tell on his face that he wouldn't tell me anything. So I didn't even try and would let it come to me, even if I would like to know.